Wednesday, January 15, 2014

News: Drunk Driver Hides From Police In Tree, Claims To Be Owl

I'm not WHO-WHOOOOO you're looking for! We get barred owls that sound drunk howling in our back yard trees some nights. Maybe it's a dude up there.
Police: 'I'm an owl,' says drunken driver hiding in tree

An alleged drunken driver arrested while hiding 30 feet up a tree Friday on Interstate 290 “rambled on about being an owl” when confronted, police wrote in court documents.

Troy A. Prockett, 37, of Hudson, was arraigned Monday on a slew of charges -- including third-offense drunken driving -- after town firefighters had to use a bucket truck to bring a cop 30 feet into a tree to arrest him, the MetroWest Daily News reported.

Documents in Westborough District Court provide additional details about the unusual arrest, including the fact that police at one point feared the man’s daughter might have been ejected from his vehicle.

(read more)


  1. Hahaha! Not very wise of him. =)

    I liked this part of the article, "He continually refused commands to climb down and instead climbed even higher, shaking the branches and saying, ‘Look it’s snowing.’”

  2. Poop out an entire mouse, pal, and then I'll call you an owl. Until then you're just a drunk guy who's nimble. :)

  3. Sad to say this happened in my best friend's hometown. I wish there was a video of this 'cause that had to be hilarious.

  4. I wish there was a video of this I could show to my best friend. This happened in his hometown and he'd think it was hysterical.



Related Posts with Thumbnails