Monday, October 14, 2013

News: Customers Devastated After Wendy's Burns Down

Hard-hitting news here in north central Wisconsin. From WAOW.com.
Customers devastated after Wendy's destroyed by fire

by Paige Hulsey
Oct. 11, 2013

A fire has destroyed the Wendy's restaurant in Rib Mountain.

Firefighters say they fought flames for more than two hours Thursday night and into Friday morning.

Customers say they're sad to see the devastation. Jim and Mary Waelchli were planning on Wendy's for lunch.

"We couldn't believe it. We're so shocked. Because I love eating at Wendy's and it's so sad," said Mary Waelchli.

But when the couple got to the restaurant Friday, they couldn't believe what they found.

"I see these windows are all broken, I said, my gosh Jim it looks like they had a fire!" said Mary Waelchli.

The building was destroyed.

Rib Mountain Fire Lt. Bert Nitzke says the fire started about 10:30 p.m. Thursday. No customers were in the building, but four employees were.

"Right now it makes me just want to cry because I can smell it, I see it, it's really sad," said Mary Waelchli.

"We love Wendy's, we love coming here, it's just hard to believe that something like that happened."

(read more)



4 comments:

  1. That article was chock-full of win! "We are leaning towards a grease - electrical cause at this time," said Lt. Nitzke. You can't get anything past those North Central Wisconsinites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Jim and Mary will never be the same! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?! Where will I have my wedding reception now?? *runs away sobbing*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe I have a lot of family in that part of Wisconsin?

    When I was about 12 years old, I won a 5 gallon bucket of teat dip at a farmer's meeting not too far from there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails