Monday, August 19, 2013

5 Things That Food Network's Sandra Lee Is Ruining For Me

By me I don't mean me, Cary, but the author of this list, long-time FOLOTD Noreen Hobson. From Antenna Free TV.
By Noreen Hobson

I happened to catch Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee on the Food Network the other day. Apparently, the episode was titled “Easy Elegance.” Full disclosure: I never watch this show. I think it occasionally comes on after a good cooking show. Maybe it came on after I watched Giada De Laurentiis make something lovely in her fantasy kitchen.

Anyway, as tends to happen often with Sandra Lee, she just started wrecking stuff. So in the spirit of her show and my disgust with it, I present Five Things Sandra Lee is Ruining for Me

1. Setting the table

Call it a “tablescape” all you want, Sandra Lee, but all you’re really doing here is setting a table, and you don’t need to cover every square inch of the table with … stuff! I enjoy setting the table sometimes, especially for special occasions or holidays, but I generally leave room on the table for things like food. Or plates. Or air. (Does Lee sometimes really put sand on the table?) The more Lee over decorates a table and calls a set table a tablescape, the more I want to set my table with Dixie plates and brown industrial paper towels.

(Read more)

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this show. I'm thinking that's probably a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on. Sandra Lee makes Rachael Ray look like Julia Child. Even her ginormous fake jugs are semi-homemade.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails