Monday, April 8, 2013

LOTD Classic: Velvet Paintings Of The Day

One from the early days.


Not Elvis. k.d. lang

Jesus and Gene Simmons with Elvis' hair. Notice which one has the angelic glow.

Jesus watching over a big rig. Or maybe it's just a big rig carrying a giant Jesus statue to Heritage USA. Or maybe it's not Jesus at all, but an Allman brother, showing us the model truck he just finished building.

Not Jesus, but close: Willie Nelson. With Elvis' shades.

Kenny on velvet. A no-brainer.

Celebrate our Native American heritage with a disembodied polar bear head with footless claws in place of a lower jaw, as worn by Garry Shandling.

One for your entryway: Monica with fertilized dress. A real conversation starter.

This was falsely billed as a Neil Diamond collage. I see two Neils, but I don't know what that is on the bottom left.

Another Kenny, this time in profile and denim. If you think his eye looks too high, you're thinking about old Kenny, not new Kenny.

Phil Spector - why? Honestly, I think someone just wanted to paint his hair.

I was going to apologize that this painting of Lionel Richie is blurred, but that's actually a good thing.

Marilyn MAN-roe... tranny version.

Chimps make horrible dealers.

Another Kenny, or Michael McDonald. Take your pick.

Hank, Jr. Whoever commissioned this probably asked for "Hank with a necklace." Instead, they got Hank, neckless.

One for the kid's room. This ought to help them get to sleep at night.

Whoa. It's the love child of Kenny Rogers and Dom DeLuise.

Twenty years ago, Don Johnson woulda kicked somebody's ass for this

It's-a crap!

Finally, the pièce de résistance: Mr. Charles Nelson Reilly


  1. I still love this post with the passion of a thousand blazing suns. That CNR portrait is really growing on me.

  2. The love child of Kenny Rogers and Dom DeLuise---ahahahaha! :D

  3. The various Kennys are cracking me up!

  4. Monica Spewinski is particularly disturbing. Still love Big Rig Jesus.

  5. If I don't come here as often as before, it's because I now have a campus job where my bust-out-loud laughter when reading this site would be a clear sign I'm not doing my job and deserve to be fired.

  6. OMG, This popped back up as a Facebook memory this morning. I needed the laugh!! And why does the Don Johnson one look more like one of the Gallagher brothers from Oasis? DYING!



Related Posts with Thumbnails