Friday, March 15, 2013

Weekend Links Of The Day

Apologies for the slackery over the last couple of days. Other duties called. Here's a bunch of good stuff to make up for it.
Real people with really bad names. My new Tumblr blog: Great Name, Bro! 

18 movie villains that were way too easy to defeat. Like the stupid aliens in Signs who can be killed by water, so naturally they invade a planet that is almost 70% H2O. (io9)

Gravity wins again. Models falling down on catwalks. (LOTD)

The photo (NSFW) that got Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Chrissy Teigen kicked off Instagram. (Hint: she's not wearing a swimsuit). (Gawker)

Saved from the cutting room floor. Iconic movie and TV show characters that almost didn't exist. (Cracked)

After seven years, this one still kills me. (YouTube) 

12 papal lookalikes. (CBC)

Monied morons: celebs who made millions and still went bankrupt. (VH1)

20 things you won't believe actually exist. (Broke Girls) (Link from Dawn Beattie)

Space Jam? Thank you. That was horrible. 10 movies we loved as kids that actually suck. (Guyism)

The naughtiest typeface ever. (DesignTaxi)

Take it to go: final meals of famous death-row inmates. (So Bad) (Link from Troy Bradberry and Rachael Pavlik)

The telltale muff: what a woman's pubic hair style says about her. (The Frisky)

Have you heard? Getting old sucks. The cast of Twin Peaks, then and now. (TheFW)


  1. The models falling down makes me laugh, but I feel a little sorry for them too. I know better than to try to walk in the crazy shoes they wear. I'd be falling down too if I did.

    Batman almost didn't exist!! Oh the horror!

    The 12 pope lookalikes made me laugh just because it was such a variety of men there. My vote goes for Ben Kingsley, I think.

    The 20 things you won't believe exist was fun to read. The Nelson Mandela air freshener and the Pee Wee Herman cycling suit made me laugh. The leggings that let you molt like a snake--um what? Why would anyone want those? So bizarre! haha!

    The 10 movies we loved as a kid list was obviously written for someone who is much younger than I am! I remember watching "Space Jam" as an adult and loved it, but I was watching it with my son who thought it was great, so I think that made me like it even more.

    The naughty typeface really was naughty, but it was also clever and made me laugh.

    The final meals of death-row inmates was fascinating, creepy, and sad.

    Seeing the effects of aging on the cast of "Twin Peaks" did indeed confirm that getting old sucks, but then I already knew that.

    Great post, Cary! :-)



Related Posts with Thumbnails