Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Answers to Rhetorical Questions That Are Movie Titles (Of The Day)

Inspired by this post by Ethan Ryan on McSweeney's.



Judge Doom framed him.

He's a private investigator.

Yes, they shoot horses to put them out of their misery.

I heard they shot Mrs. Morgan to put her out of her misery.

He art in 1937 rural Mississippi during the Great Depression.

The same people who created them. And big oil.

Not much. It was more about survival than love.

Bob's not invited. He's nuts.

Only if you have a condom.

No, not yet. Stop asking.

Probably the stress of caring for his obese mother and developmentally slow brother.

Behind that mail truck, dude.



She grew up, became an alcoholic, and got served her pet bird for lunch.

The same people who are afraid of living life without delusions.

Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now, but thou shalt follow me afterwards.

Sydney Poitier?

I drank wine with the Italians, son.

Only if it's a slow song.

A sequel could happen.

Doing it doesn't affect your eyesight.

Because they are fools, of course.

14 comments:

  1. Gah! I got most but what the hell is #7 & 16??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno #7 but #16 is GUESS WHO'S COMING TO DINNER?

      Delete
    2. No, that was #15! Did I count wrong??

      Delete
    3. Sorry-- I was wrong AGAIN. I can't get 17!! (and I can't count)

      Delete
  2. "I heard they shot Mrs. Morgan to put her out of her misery." Hahaha! Bye bye, SJP. Bless her heart. :D

    Clever idea and a fun list.

    Rachael, I'm not sure, but I am guessing that #7 is "What's Love Got to do With It?"
    and #16 "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," but I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I got it after Cary spoon-fed me the word "love" ;) Still can't count...

      Delete
  3. I made #7 a little less vague. Should help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh crap, I am so bad at these. I'll give you a dollar to post the answers on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "She grew up, became an alcoholic, and got served her pet bird for lunch." Not just a good answer but a nice plot summary, too!

    Great list and quite the brain teaser -- at least for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Who Framed Roger Rabbit
    2. Who's Harry Crumb?
    3. They Shoot Horses Don't They?
    4. Did You Hear About The Morgans?
    5. Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
    6.
    7. What's Love Got To Do With It?
    8. What About Bob?
    9.
    10. Are We There Yet?
    11.What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    12. Dude- Where's My Car?
    13.Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
    14. Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf?
    15.
    16. Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?
    17.
    18.Dance With Me?
    19.
    20.
    21.Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is 20. If You Don't Stop Will You Go Blind? (I didn't think that was the title or in the form of a question..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6. Who Killed the Electric Car?
    9. Casual Sex?
    15. Quo Vadis?
    17. What Did You Do in the War, Daddy?
    19. What's the Worst That Could Happen?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and #20 could be "Can I Do It 'Till I Need Glasses?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Who's Harry Crumb?
    They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
    Did You Hear About The Morgans? (with Sarah J. Parker)
    O Brother, Where Are Thou?
    Who Killed The Electric Car?
    What's Love Got To Do With It?
    What About Bob?
    Casual Sex?
    Are We There Yet?
    What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
    Dude, Where's My Car?
    Whatever Happened To Baby Jane?
    Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
    Quo Vadis?
    Guess Who's Coming To Dinner?
    What Did You Do in the War, Daddy?
    Shall We Dance?
    What's the Worst That Could Happen?
    Can I Do It 'Til I Need Glasses?
    Why Do Fools Fall In Love?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails