Monday, November 19, 2012

News Of The Day: Popeye's Home Boiglerized

From The Onion.

Popeye's Home Boiglerized

SWEETHAVEN VILLAGE—According to a report filed with the Sweethaven Police Department, the private residence of sailor man Popeye was violently boiglerized at approximately 4:30 a.m. Wednesday. 


"It seems that early this morning, the masked thieves broke down the door and boiglerized a house, taking nearly $700 worth of cash and pois'nal items and assaltupatin' the residents," said a police spokesperson, adding that the humiligrated homeowner was forced to watch at gunpoint as his live-in girlfriend Olive Oyl, 34, was voiliated by the men. 

"Sadly, as the thieves were making their escape, they even moidered an eyewitness, J. Wellington Wimpy. It's a real traveshty." 

Authorities added that the homeowner was still shaken from the experience but had promised to poilverize them no good so-'n'-sos should he ever find them.


****

I remember watching Popeye. It wasn't one of my favorites but pickin's was slim on Sunday morning when it aired, so we watched it. Sunday morning cartoons were the B-team; all the good stuff--Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo, Super Friends--aired on Saturday. So when you got up early on Sunday you could either watch church, Gospel Jubilee or old/low-budget stuff like Popeye, Hercules, Speed Racer, Zoom. I'll say this for Popeye--it was different and, like the Three Stooges and Little Rascals, clearly from another era.


2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. What's the world coming to? I wonder if the "pois'nal items" that were taken included cans of spinach. I would if Bluto has an alibi. Ha!

    I remember watching this show as a kid too. My grandma used to call me Sweet Pea because she said when I was a baby I used to crawl around on the floor with my nightgown dragging behind me the way the character "Swee' Pea" did on Popeye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *wonder if Bluto has an alibi.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails