Tuesday, October 2, 2012

News: Restaurant Shut Down After Roadkill Brought Into Kitchen

The fifth paragraph is my favorite. Thanks for the link, Rachael.



Restaurant shut down after roadkill brought into kitchen

WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. (WKYT) - A Chinese restaurant forced to shut its doors after getting caught with a dead deer in the kitchen.

It happened Thursday afternoon at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg.

"We were actually joking about the, you know, the whole Chinese restaurant. You know some rumors that you hear," says Katie Hopkins, a customer of the Red Flower restaurant.

But, Hopkins and her friends never imaged what would happen next, after finishing up a buffet lunch.

"Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it. And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen," adds Hopkins.

Hopkins immediately called the health department to describe what she saw, "Many people eat there. A lot of locals eat there on lunch breaks and stuff. It was very disturbing. There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can."


Paul Lawson, the environmental health inspector in Whitley County says this is the craziest thing he's ever seen.

After he arrived at the Chinese restaurant on south highway 25 West, he says the complaints proved to be true after finding roadkill in the restaurants kitchen.

Lawson tells us that the owner's son admitted to picking up a dead deer off the side of I-75 north in Williamsburg.


(continued here)
.

3 comments:

  1. This makes me beyond ashamed to have been born, raised, and still living in Kentucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps they were planning to cook up some Venison Stir Fry. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a Thai restaurant in our area a few years ago that got caught with a goat tied out back and a cage with several pigeons in it under the counter that the cash register was on. No proof that any of that was ever in the food, but let's just say that the health department wasn't thrilled and the news story was bad for business.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails