Monday, September 24, 2012

11 Freaky-Ass Burgers Of The Day

Nasty. Just looking at these made my stomach hurt. Or maybe it was the chili dog I had for breakfast.

From Neatorama.


For those who love burgers slathered in peanut butter, but wish there was a chunkier version than even the chunkiest of peanut butters could offer, you might just love the Nutburger from Matt’s Place in Butte, Montana. It’s essentially a regular hamburger covered in a topping made from nothing but chopped peanuts mixed with mayo. Author George Motz who wrote Hamburger America says it’s "like eating sundae topping on a burger… It's great!"


No, not a patty made with beans, this is a Texas specialty that began at Sills Snack Shack in San Antonio all the way back in 1953. It features Cheez Wiz, onions, refried beans and crushed Fritos. While the original Snack Shack closed a while back, two nephews of its creator have reopened a food truck offering all of Sills’ famous specials, including the Bean Burger.


I’ve always heard this called a Krispy Kreme burger, but because it was supposedly a favorite of singer Luther Vandross, its most common name is the Luther Burger. The creation is said to have been invented at a bar named Mulligan’s in Decatur, Georgia when the chef ran out of buns and started using donuts instead. Whatever the origin, the name and no matter where you buy it, it always features a glazed donut with a hamburger patty in the middle.


Feeling a little down? Well then get some life back in you with a 1UP Mushroom Burger, inspired by the Mario Bros. series. Simply dye your buns with food coloring and then add spots with mozzarella and you’ll be well on the way to feeling like your old plumber self again.


Can’t decide between a cheeseburger or pasta? Then perhaps the lasagna burger will satisfy both of your cravings after all, it’s essentially an extremely meaty lasagna sandwiched inside of a roll. While Dude Foods doesn’t have a full recipe, they did include more than enough details to reconstruct this delicacy at home.

See the rest at Neatorama.


  1. All of those sound gross to me except maybe the lasagna burger. Toast that bread real good, slather on some garlic, and it'd be just like eating lasagna with garlic bread.

  2. I always thought when bread turned green you should throw it out, not eat it. Intentionally making it green is just wrong--bleah. I don't think I want to try any of these.

  3. Now I want Frito chili pie. I've wanted to try the Krispy Kreme burger but there isn't one close to me. Thank God!

  4. Disgusting and unhealthy. I know it's funny until you get that heart attack or cancer. Not trying to be a buzz kill but look, giggle and never eat!

  5. I should look at these before I eat -- instant appetite suppressant! Blech.

  6. I would try the Bean Burger... maybe.
    Re: The MPOTD~ looks like someone is having a Fur Burger and someone else maybe had one too many Luther Burgers.

  7. I would try all of these except the nutburger... But only because I hate mayonnaise. Whoever started ruining burgers with mayo should be flogged.

    The bean burger looks especially tasty ;)

  8. Kudos to Karen for the awesome Lasagna Burger on Garlic Bread idea -- that sounds awesome!!!

    As for the rest of them, I thought they looked interesting until I ate lunch. Now that I'm no longer hungry, they gross me out.

    PS: Mayonnaise is delicious.

  9. There's a burger place near me that heard about the Luther burger and decided to put it on their menu as a joke.

    It's their #1 seller.

    Yes, I've had one, and it's surprisingly not that bad. It takes a few bites to get used to the sweetness of a doughnut instead of a bun, but all in all not a bad burger.

    Now the liver and onion burger at that place is a real surprise. I hate liver and onions and I can't stop eating the damn things that's how good they are.



Related Posts with Thumbnails