Thursday, September 20, 2012

10 Common Sex Dreams And What They Really Mean

I'm not sure I agree with all of these, but then, I'm not a shrink. Neither is the article writer, so take it for what it's worth. In this case, that would be an excuse to talk about sex. Not that we ever need one here on LOTD.


From The Frisky:

"Here's a hint: sex dreams are rarely ever about actual sex. Sex dreams are about union, the coming together of different, conflicting parts of yourself."

SEX WITH AN EX


No, it doesn't mean you want to get back together. It most likely means that you're still processing some unfinished feelings about him or her. If you are with someone new, the ex sex dream might signify fears you are having about your new relationship and/or the resurgence of the types of feelings you felt with your ex. Pay close attention to the nature of the sexual experience and how you felt during the dream, as it will give you insight into what type of unfinished feelings you have about your ex.

CELEBRITY SEX
 

Although you might really want to have sex with Ryan Gosling or Channing Tatum in real life, there may be more to your wild sex dreams about them. Dreaming about getting it on with a celebrity is all about your desire to attain more fame, fortune, recognition or bolster your social status.

SEX WITH A STRANGER
 

Carl Jung had a theory that every man and woman has an animus or anima. An animus is the male energy of a female and the anima is female energy of a male. Sex with a stranger of the opposite sex has to do with the state of your animus/anima. It's about balance, about merger of the male and female aspects of yourself. And actually, sex with a stranger in a dream, given that it is not scary or traumatic, can be quite a fortuitous sign of personal growth.
 

WEIRD GENITALIA

Four breasts. Two penises. A penis/vagina combo. A tail growing out of your ass. If there is something weird going on with genitals in a sex dream, it either has to do with your sexuality, creativity or personality. Depending on the specific deformity, you may be questioning your sexuality or sexual desire. Is there guilt, shame, or anxiety surrounding your sex life or lack thereof? Maybe you are having a surge of creativity that needs to be “released,” if you will. Or maybe you are maturing, growing, or changing as a person.



Read the rest here.

11 comments:

  1. Interesting to think about, but I don't know if I put much stock into these interpretations either. Sometimes I think you just have dreams of whatever kind because you ate too much chili or you took cold medicine before you went to bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some freaky dreams... I blame Benadryl. And Joe Manganiello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Animus is an exit only!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How'd they know about my Ryan Gosling sex dreams....?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Here's a hint: sex dreams are rarely ever about actual sex."

    Sure...tell that to my 13-19 year old self's bed sheets. Also, my girlfriend's dad's sleeping bag that one weekend we went camping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently, I'm not taking the right cold medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take a sex dream any day over the one where I didn't study for a math test, forgot to wear clothes, all my teeth fall out and I can't get my locker opened. Naked, toothless, and fumbling with my locker. Analyze THAT Dr. Freud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lord - I've had recurrent dreams of my teeth falling out, of course when I'm not at home! It's terrifying, isn't it?

      Delete
  8. My mom says that if you dream that your teeth are falling out, you're going to die a violent death. Thanks, mom. I have that dream about five times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nah, teeth falling out is supposed to signify growth or change or some shit like that. You're safet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I wish I could dream about sex. My dreams are about finding a bathroom. I have to climb ladders, scale mountain tops, wait in line in back of thousands of people, etc., only to finally arrive at the bathroom and it's either overflowing or out of order. :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails