Monday, June 25, 2012

70s TV Show Open Of The Day

I clearly remember when this premiered. It was one of the few shows my sister and I could agree on watching. I liked mysteries and she liked Shaun Cassidy.


From Wikipedia:

"The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries is a television series which aired for three seasons on ABC. The series starred Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy as amateur sleuth brothers Frank and Joe Hardy, respectively, and Pamela Sue Martin (later Janet Louise Johnson) as girl detective Nancy Drew.

The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries was unusual in that it often dealt with the characters individually, in an almost anthological style. That is, some episodes featured only the Hardy Boys and others only Nancy Drew.

The TV show marked the first time that the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew met and worked together; they had never done so in the context of the books at that time (up to that point). Though the relationship between Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys is somewhat platonic, there is a heavily-implied romance between Nancy Drew and Frank Hardy. In one episode ("Mystery of the Hollywood Phantom") they kiss briefly.

A number of well-known actors appeared in episodes of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, either as celebrity guest stars or before they achieved subsequent fame, including Ricky Nelson, Bob Crane, Lorne Greene, Bernie Taupin, Jaclyn Smith, Robert Wagner, Casey Kasem, Dennis Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis, Robert Englund, Mark Harmon, Rick Springfield, Melanie Griffith, Kim Cattrall and Valerie Bertinelli."

.

4 comments:

  1. I remember watching this a few times. I read a lot of the Nancy Drew books when I was younger, so I wanted to see how this show measured up. As in most cases, I liked the books better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I remember this show. All my friends liked Shawn Cassidy. Not me, I liked Parker Stevenson, sigh.

    Prairie Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaun Cassidy is foxy fine. Or he was...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parker! Parker! Paaarrkerrr...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails