Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Toys You'll Wish You Hadn't Thrown Out Because They're Worth Big Bucks Now (Of The Day)

From Buzzfeed. Keep in mind that these are asking prices on eBay, not necessarily sales. Still...you're looking at good money for old shit.

Pair of Care Bears: $1,200


G.I. Joe Cobra Ninja Action Figure: $3,995


Sega Genesis Console: $1,900


Stretch Armstong (set of 7 figures): $17,800


First Edition Pound Puppies Plush: $4,995


"The Little Mermaid" Dolls (Set of 4): $400


Teddy Ruxpin with Cassettes: $459


He-Man Skeletor and Villains Action Figures (Mint Condition): $4,995


Cabbage Patch Kid: $2,000


Lots more here.

9 comments:

  1. I'd have thought Teddy Ruxpin would fetch more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should go look through the boxes of old toys of my sons in the basement to see if there's anything worth selling there. I know my husband's Pez collection would probably sell well, but that's only if he would agree to get rid of it (which he won't).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm amazed anyone would spend that kind of money for stuffed animals and other toys. Hell, if I had an extra $17K laying around, the last thing I'd spend it on is a set of Armstrong stretch toys. But, clearly, YMMV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember having a stretch monster! Damn thing leaked all over the place with ruby port colored ooze!!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sonya, I think that particular Ruxpin has been anally violated, hence the reduced price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auctioner: We'll open this auction with this Teddy Ruxpin doll.
      Random internet pervert: Four-hundred fifty bucks!
      Auctioner: It's been anally violated.
      Random internet pervert: Forty-five bucks.
      Auctioner: And the former owner had nine STDs
      Random internet pervert: Four-hundred fifty bucks!

      Delete
  6. I still have my Sega Genesis...and I still use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had one or two of each of these so I could list them on eBay for $1 each!! These prices are ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails