Thursday, April 12, 2012

Commentary Of The Day: Herding

From The Onion.



I'd Be Happy To Help With Any Herding…
by a Border Collie

Lately, things have been a little slow. Just sort of been killing time by lying down, going on some walks, lapping up water. You know, same old, same old. I guess I’ve been a little bored, actually, and maybe feeling a bit antsy. You know what I mean by antsy, right? When you sort of want to get up and go, but you don’t really have anything to go to? It’s frustrating, right?

Hey, actually, now that I have your ear, I’ve been meaning to ask: You don’t happen to have any herding you need a hand with, do you?

I only ask because it just so happens my calendar is wide open for the next few weeks, and if you have anything that needs herded, I would definitely be up to it. Really, there’s not a lot on my plate, and I figured this would be a great time to get in some quality herding, so you should definitely let me know if there’s work to be done. I’d be happy to lend a hand.

Any herding at all, really. I’m just trying to help.

(continued)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Not too long ago I saw a video of a rabbit that was herding sheep. If that's the way the world is going to go, there will soon be a lot MORE dogs out of herding work just like this poor border collie. What a shame. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be real. In fact...it could have been written by my border collie. He loved a job and since we didn't have any sheep on hand, he just herded anything he could...kids, ducks,kites flying. He developed jobs to do. He would obsessively run around the perimeter of the yard 3 times and climb up the tree trunk each time he was let outside. It was a good job and he did it well.

    Border collies are smarter than children and kinder than all humans. If you need your computer fixed, hire a border collie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This reminds me of my dog, Mudge!! Except with him it's all birds, all the time. Gotta get birds. Did you say bird? I think I hear some birds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails