Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Vid Of The Day: Davy & Marsha

This was a big moment on "The Brady Bunch," and I remember it well. But I always wondered how all these big celebs--Joe Namath, Desi Arnaz, Jr., Davy Jones, Don Drysdale--managed to show up unannounced at the Brady home. Nobody famous ever came to my house when I was sick or made a promise I couldn't keep.

Interesting info from the YouTube link:

"To help launch a solo career following his days with The Monkees, Davy Jones made a guest appearance on ABC-TV's The Brady Bunch (Episode 12, Season 3 "Get Davy Jones") that aired on Dec. 20, 1971. He performed the Gimble/Fox-written song "Girl" that never quite took off. Davy appeared with Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) and legendary record producer Don Kirshner, who portrayed himself in the episode. Kirshner not only produced and managed The Monkees and Davy Jones, but rock groups and artists like Kansas, Neil Diamond and Carole King."

Huh. I knew the producer was someone famous but I thought it was Anton Chigurh.

RIP, Mr. Jones.

Bonus vid:


  1. Very cool! I've been meaning to get the book Don Kirshner - The Man with the Golden Ear: How He Changed the Face of Rock and Roll, but it's always "something suddenly came up" with me lately.

    R.I.P. Don and Davy.

  2. Sorry, but that's not Don Kirshner...it's an actor named Britt Leach.

  3. Oh, why did we EVER think that avocado was a good decorating colour?? Did you see how much there was in that Brady house?? The couches, the sofa, the paint, the doors, the coffee cups Mike and Carol had...

    I feel unclean and must now go scrub off the top layer of skin with some steel wool...

  4. Hahaha! That Anton gets around. :D

    "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha."

    Nobody famous ever came to our house either.

  5. When I was 4 years old Sherry Lewis and Lambchop came to my house because I was sick. It didn't go well. Sherry carried Lambchop in her purse and when she pulled her out to entertain me, apparently I started crying hysterically. No one told me Lambchop wasn't real. Stupid adults.

    BTW, our home in 1972 was a VISION of avocado, harvest gold, and burnt orange. Complete with coppertone appliances.



Related Posts with Thumbnails