Friday, March 30, 2012

Things Men Love, According To Science (Of The Day)

From The Frisky.

RED

A study conducted at the University of Rochester found that men prefer a lady in red. Just like that cheesy '80s song! Men who looked at pictures of women in red and women in green were drawn to the former. "These findings indicate that color not only has aesthetic value but can carry meaning and impact psychological functioning in subtle, important, and provocative ways," said researchers.

SEXY NEWS ANCHORS

Two studies out of Indiana University found that when men watch sexually attractive female news anchors, they are less likely to remember the news. "Men's cognitive mechanisms favored visual over verbal processing," the study concluded. This may make it very difficult for your dude to stay informed on current events. Best switch him to news radio.

PUMPKIN PIE

Research has found that pumpkin pie is the scent that most enhances blood flow to the penis. “Throw away the perfume and go get some pumpkin pie,” said Dr. Alan Hirsch of Chicago’s Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Center. More like slather it all over your entire body.

BRUNETTES

The social network Badoo polled men in the UK and found that the majority of gentlemen prefer brunettes. About 33% said they find women with brown hair the most attractive, while 29% were fans of black hair. Do your math. That's more than 60% of men who dig the dark-haired beauties. Eat that, blondes.


List continues at The Frisky.


10 comments:

  1. Hmm, well, my husband has some red/green color blindness problems, so I don't think it's going to make much difference what color I wear.

    The pumpkin pie one seems plausible. I don't think I've met a man yet who doesn't love pumpkin pie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, I get to be your 1st anti-pumpkin pie guy.

      Can't stand the smell of it, hate the taste, dread Thanksgiving because people always try and push that stuff on me.

      For some reason in my family no one will believe me year after year when I nicely ask them to stop waving a piece of pumpkin pie in front of my face, or else they'll end up wearing it.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...remind me to wear red on Thanksgiving, okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clearly they didn't include red heads in the one question. So there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm, pumpkin pie dressed in red - wood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like pumpkin pie but I think pecan or cherry will get me to Stiffyville a little quicker.

    Leigh, my thoughts exactly.

    Gin, don't forget to carry proof of health insurance. That was on the list, too.

    KT & Easton - Ha!

    Thanks for the comments, y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Two studies out of Indiana University found that when men watch sexually attractive female news anchors, they are less likely to remember the news."

    I think the obvious answer here is that it is surprisingly difficult to concentrate on the news while also mentally trying to deflate an erection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like pumpkin pie either but will gladly wear in behind my ears if that helps..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scent of pumpkin pie is primarily cinnamon. I've seen a similar "results of studies" article that said cinnamon rolls was an aphrodisiac so the common denominator is cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somebody get me some pumpkin pie/cinnamon scented undies, fast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails