Thursday, March 1, 2012

Classic Movie Trailer Of The Day: Chicken

Watched this one with my kid a few nights ago--one of my favorites from childhood. I hadn't seen it since the 70s. She declared it "boring." Now I'm gonna make her watch The English Patient and The Tree Of Life back to back and see if she still thinks this one is boring.

The female lead, Joan Staley, was a former
Playboy bunny (link SFW). The producers of The Ghost And Mr. Chicken made her wear a brunette wig because she was "too sexy" as a blonde. I like her better as a brunette; she has a sort of Paula Prentiss thing going on, and I always loved Paula.


5 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad, Cary. I made my kids watch it and they all three said it was "lame." (Although, if I'm being honest, it WAS better in the 70s.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this movie as a kid. "Atta boy, Luther!" :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any film with Mr. Furley AND Darren from Bewtiched has got to be good...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call Dick Sargent "fake Darren." Dick York was much better.

    Watching this movie you realize that Knotts pretty much had only one schtick--the Barney Fife. Funny, but not a whole lot of range.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never cared for his movies, but I can watch any episode of the old Andy Griffith show and LMFAO at Barney.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails