Monday, February 27, 2012

13 Men's Fashions That Never Should Have Happened

From Complex, who list 50, but I just picked 13 I had actually heard of. My idea of trendy is wearing a shirt with a collar.

CARPENTER PANTS

Lookin' good, Dad. Can I borrow your band saw?

FROSTED TIPS

Frosted flakes.

WALLET CHAIN

You're not Springsteen.

MANICURED BROWS

Even worse than a unibrow.

FOX TAIL BELT

LOLwut? Is this real?

BIEBER HAIR

Even Bieber doesn't wear this anymore.

PARACHUTE PANTS

Stop! Hammer time's over.

CAPS WITH STICKERS

Those come off, you know.

DEEP V-NECKS

You might as well wear an unbuttoned button-up shirt.

TRUCKER CAPS

Trucking isn't cool and never was, except for a brief time in the 70s that we are all trying to forget.

LAYERED POLO SHIRTS

I thought this only happened in John Hughes movies.

SHOES WITH POINTY OR SQUARE TIPS

What are you, a clown?

CONVERTIBLE PANTS

Part pants, part shorts, all lame. Unless you're 7, then they're way cool.


See the rest at Complex.

6 comments:

  1. I must be pretty far out of the loop (no surprise there). I haven't even heard of all of the 13 you chose, like caps with stickers and deep V-necks. The fox tail belt and pointy shoes? hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen the long, pointy cowboy boots until the "Spanish Teacher" episode of "Glee" a few weeks ago. The guys performed a Spanish number and they were wearing those boots. MM had to explain to me what that was all about. I. Am. Old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lordy.. this is like a giant dose of woman-repellant.. *cough *ack .. Quick! Someone get me a pic of George Clooney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my husband has some carpenter jeans (definitely no carpenter genes in there either). He constantly tries to sneak them by me and wear them in public. I just walk 20 paces away and pretend like I don't know him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh, heh. I'd heard of some of these on the list, and then went to the link. It's a whole slideshow of women-repellant!

    I'd definitely have to add here: skinny jeans (now worn by douches calling themselves "hipsters") and the stupid baggy pants where half their drawers are showing because the pants are halfway down their ass. Seriously? No one wants to see your boxers or briefs, dude.

    Oh, and the convertible pants? Both me and the mister have those, but guess what: we only wear them for their intended purpose: hiking and backpacking. Wearing them with a jacket and loafers or as a fashion statement = major fail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good! Especially the shoes, they are so so ugly! hahaha love it, good list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails