Wednesday, October 12, 2011

True Stories Behind 10 Famously Bad Album Covers

Sadly, the Cody Matherson classic, "Can I Borrow A Feeling," is not on the list. Sigh. Otherwise, this is great stuff from Mental Floss and writer Kara Kovalchik.



I Love My Life – Jim Post

Ten years before the above album was released, Jim Post had a Top 10 hit with his then-wife, Cathy. Recording as the folk duo Friend and Lover, “Reach Out of the Darkness” became something of an anthem for the flower power movement with its “I think it’s so groovy now, that people are finally getting together” chorus.

In recent years, Jim has published a series of successful children’s books (obviously purchased by parents who hadn’t seen him naked in the shower) and also puts that impressive ‘stache to good use by touring the country in a one-man show as Mark Twain.

See the rest at Mental Floss.

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I didn't know the "Ken--By Request Only" one was real. I've seen it so many times in different places that I thought it was one that somebody fabricated for the internet! Ha!

    The Heino one is downright creepy, and the Herbie Mann one--ewwww! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: I owned the Herbie Mann album. I played the flute for 12 years -- he was the MANN. I did cover up his nekkidness with Colorforms, though.

    Eddie Mack was so old-fashioned he didn't believe in "shacking up" but he let a young girl sit ass-upwards on his piano. What a guy -- I bet he took the dishes out of the sink before he peed in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's the one. Except now I don't have to wear that dorky uniform when I play it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genuine class. Takes the dishes out of the sink. That's a real man.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails