Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Craptastic 70s Song Of The Day

A lot of us old-timers like to moan about how terrible music is today compared to what we listened to growing up, but the truth is that we had plenty of suck back in the 70s, too. Maybe not as much suck as we have now--I'm thinking 20% suck back then, 90% now--but suck nonetheless. Here's a perfect of example of 70s crapola from yet another group who licked up the crumbs of success left behind by Jackson 5, Osmonds, Partridge Family and other family bands.



Wikipedia says that lead singer Tony Defranco is now a real estate agent in Westlake Village, California.


8 comments:

  1. I had that 45! (For you youngsters, that's a large, grooved CD with a big hole in the middle that you play on a hi-fi. Preferably with a diamond needle.)

    They were the worst of the Osmond/Jackson imitators. It's a good thing Tony had a back-up plan. He could have ended up like Danny Bonaduce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord...I think I must have missed that one back then. If it wasn't played on the Top 40 station, I didn't hear it. I did, however, listen to 38 seconds of the YouTube video ;o.

    The best part about this band is their absolutely identical outfits: one size fits all, it would appear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, I remember this one. I can remember singing it with my sister whenever it came on the radio.

    Tony's doing OK for himself now from the looks of the prices on the houses that he has listed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, he's here! I know people who work with him. Freaks me out to see his ads in the local paper. It just makes that song go through my head arggh! (he still looks pretty good, however, just older, at least in his pics)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hrm...I have a friend by that exact same name. Think I'll tease him a bit, ask him what he used to get into as a child...hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey....I totally loved them. I had their albums and liked them better than the Osmonds....they looked more like me....I secretly wished they would come adopt me and get me away from my bratty brother! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just look at his web site and he is still cute! How funny..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw them at Chris-Town Mall in Phoenix...I hated them then, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails