Monday, September 12, 2011

Classic 80s Song Of The Day: LMLYT

Heard this one today at the Liberty Island gift shop. I'm not sure how this made the playlist, as all the other songs were things like "Born In The USA" and "God Bless America," but at least it wasn't "Mr. Bojangles" or "Steal Away."

Five points to whoever can name Pure Prairie League's biggest hit (so easy!). Ten points for anyone who can name the lead singer on this tune, whose stint with PPL was a brief stop on his way to a highly successful solo career.



9 comments:

  1. Not sure about the biggest hit, but I know the lead singer -- I'm from Nashville! Vince Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy/Falling in and Out of Love medley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also recommended, from Pure Prairie League's Craig Lee Fuller/pre-Vince Gill era: "Early Morning Riser" and "Boulder Skies".

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sometimes play the oldies station at work, and Mr. B-J makes an unfortunate appearance once in a while. That song needs an extra verse where the cops pick him up for vagrancy and somehow a taser is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwww...I'd totally forgotten about this song! I feel like I'm 8 years old again, sitting on my shag carpet in my bed room, spraying Love's Baby Soft on my wrists and wondering if my sparkly purple eye shadow would clash with the candy necklace I just got from the pool's snack bar that morning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw Vince Gill back in the 90s and he sang LMLYT as part of an acoustic set in the middle. Had a HUGE smile on my face because I had totally forgotten about the song - and didn't know that was him! Still love that tune!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember this one very well. The words were right there in my head as soon as the music started. I like it. Hard to believe it came out in 1980--that was the year I graduated from college. :-\

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails