Tuesday, September 27, 2011

30 Cool Stanley Kubrick Cinemagraphs (Of The Day)

Iconic moving images from Kubrick's best movies. From FilmmakerIQ.

Filmmaker IQ: "Cinemagraphs are still photographs in which a minor and repeated movement action occurs. The term 'cinemagraph' was coined by U.S. photographers Kevin Burg and Jamie Beck, who used the technique to animate their fashion and news photographs beginning in early 2011."

See more here.


  1. Pretty cool. That last one is creepy. HA!

    I bet those guys doing the squat thrusts are getting tired. :D

  2. This is great - I love Kubrick's The Shining so much (not that later tv version that King thought was more faithful his book - book, schmook, this one's perfect)

    My mother took me and my brothers to 2001. I think she wanted to see what the fuss was about. I was about 7. I remember we kept asking her afterwards to explain the monolith (though we surely called it a big metal thing) and she just shook her head and said, I wish I knew.

  3. I like Kubrick for the most part; some of of his work more than others, to be sure, but these cinemagraphs are very cool. I love "The Shining" but Nicholson still skeeves me out.

  4. Nearly every shot of his films can be frozen and sold in a gallery. Fantastic visual film maker.

  5. It's like reading The Daily Prophet.

  6. For those of you who haven't seen Full Metal Jacket, that's (L to R) Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey, Matthew Modine and Arliss Howard.

  7. These are so cool!! I love the Shining One. Makes me want to get out my Grady Twins costume!! I'm proud to share a birthday with Mr. Kubrick.



Related Posts with Thumbnails