Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Vids Of The Day: Queen's "Days Of Our Lives"

A couple of clips from the Queen documentary, "Days Of Our Lives," some of which I caught the other night on the Biography Channel. They'd better air it again so I can watch the whole thing--it was fascinating.

Queen meets the Sex Pistols. Sparks fly.



Brian May and Roger Taylor explain how "We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions" came to be.



What the clip doesn't explain (but the show does) is that much of this arrogance was a response to brutal reviews from "asshole critics," one of whom called Freddie a "prat" (ass). Says Roger Taylor: "Fuck 'em."


6 comments:

  1. Really cool! We caught part of this too when it was on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Daisy. If it weren't for you I wouldn't know anyone was reading at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this! Love Freddie - what a talent - the overbite, the voice, his whole character, love him. what a loss when he passed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Cary. I appreciate how much time and effort you put into this blog and how much you make me laugh. :-) LOTD brightens my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so you know - I hardly ever comment but I've been reading for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read. My prat-ish computer doesn't play nice with Blogger very often... But don't let my silence be interpreted as loss of affection.

    and I adore Freddie. Always have.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails