Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Great Showdowns Of The Day

Original art by Scott C. from his website, The Great Showdowns. He writes:

Since the beginning of time, there has been struggle. The epic clash of being against being. Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Triceratops. Giant Squid vs. the Sperm Whale. The Circle vs. the Square. This is a chronicling of some of the greatest confrontations in FILM HISTORY. The greatest moments of melee. These are the GREAT SHOWDOWNS.

Link from Wendy.

“You fooled ‘em, Chief. You fooled ‘em all!”

“I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk leave my cheese out in the wind.”

“We accept you, one of us! Gooble Gobble!”

“Well, good! I’m sick of runnin’ from these wimps!”

“In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, an ancient race of people… the Druids. No one knows who they were or what they were doing…”

“You make it with some of these chicks, they think you gotta dance with them.”

"You’re lying. It didn’t die. You took it. You’re lying. You witches! You’re lying! You’re lying! You’re lying! You’re LYING!”

“No matter what I say, it draws controversy. It’s sort of like the abortion issue.”

"Learnin about Cuba, havin some food."

"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

"I made a new friend today."

"I'm your huckleberry."

"Two dollars."

(See more at The Great Showdowns.)


  1. Pretty cool.

    I liked the "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" and the "Tombstone" ones. :-)

  2. I love Druids. Makes me think of a scene from M*A*S*H when they are creating the fictitious soldier, Tuttle.

    Hawkeye: Religion?
    Trapper John: Atheist.
    Hawkeye: I don't believe in atheism. Let's make him a Druid.
    Radar: What's that?
    Hawkeye: They worship trees.
    Radar: Ah, a tree surgeon.
    Hawkeye: [writing] Druid, reformed. They're allowed to pray at bushes.



Related Posts with Thumbnails