Thursday, June 16, 2011

TV Clip Of The Day: Vamp

Don't ask. I never got it either. But we liked it. Hey, we only had three channels back then. Pickin's was slim, yo. It was this, Hee Haw or Maude, and Hee Haw and Maude frightened us.

For you youngun's, yes, that's really Cher. She looks a little different now.


  1. Wow - that one really took me back! I'd forgotten that Cher used to look human.

  2. We watched the Sonny and Cher show all the time. I remember it well. She had more wardrobe changes than anyone I ever saw, I think, with all the skits and sketches they did.

    I always liked the way they ended the show singing, "I got you, Babe." They were one of those couples we thought would always be together. We were wrong, of course.

    I remember Chastity as a tiny little girl being on at the end of their shows with them too. She (now he) has changed quite a bit since then too.

  3. Prairie Girl said ...

    Wow, that was painful to watch.

    And shoulder wag, and hair flip and change camera....

    And shoulder wag and hair flip and.....change camera!

  4. We loved this show when I was a kid. In fact, my brother and I named our Beagles, Sonny and Cher. Sonny had a hard time staying home and ended up going to live with my grandparents in Arkansas. Cher lived to be 16, even though she did have to have several surgeries along the way. :)

  5. Maude...Oh God. Who could forget - as much as we tried - those gawdawful "tunics"? Anyway, thanks a lot, Cary, for posting Cher singing this - now I have this f*ing song stuck in my head. What's eerie is that I had it stuck in there (that's what she said) for the last couple o' days, then poof - gone. Now, it's baaackkk! Arrgghh! Make it stop, please!

  6. Cher really looked better before the billion surgeries. I can't even watch anything she's in now. Not that watching *this* video was easy, mind you :P

    Maude certainly had zero fashion sense,(a trend that continued for Bea when she was on Golden Girl, too) but what a witty, ahead of it's time show Maude was, and Bea was in general.
    Yes, I admit it: I love Bea Arthur in all her tunic'd, salt-n-pepper haired, shoulder-padded, slouchy-booted glory.

  7. Ah, our past retches up with us once again! I'd forgotten about this, but it all came roiling back at once. I also remember Maude, Hee-Haw, Sanford and Son, All in the Family, Carol Burnette Show...the list goes on. Blast from the past.

    from Melissa S; damn Google won't let me log in under my ID!

  8. There's a trip to my childhood that didn't need to be made.

    I lie. Yes, it did.

    That hair flip is the make-or-break move of every successful Cher impersonator.



Related Posts with Thumbnails