Thursday, May 5, 2011

Zombie-Proof House Of The Day

The zombie apocalypse is coming. Are you ready? Even if it's not, the house works equally well on Jehovah's Witnesses, Sierra Club members, and AT&T U-Verse salesmen, although for the last one I would prefer a couple of land mines in the yard or a pit with wooden spikes.

From All That Is Interesting:

“The most essential item for our clients was acquiring the feeling of maximum security,” begins the designers’ website in the summary of the structure. Who wouldn’t feel safe in a concrete rectangle that folds in upon itself to become completely sealed? Even the windows are covered with a slab of concrete when the structure is on nap time. The house, with its movable walls, has only one entrance, which is located on the second floor after crossing a drawbridge. Seems like the perfect opportunity to use a flamethrower and defend the life of your family, while stylishly nesting in a piece of architectural elitism.

See more here.


  1. I really need to get one of these. I took the quiz on Facebook to see how I long I would last during a Zombie attack, and it said I would be one of their very first victims!!

  2. I'm in. It would work just as well for just about any post-apocalyptic scenario.

    (Hmm... I'm starting to think growing up during the Cold War might have left some scars.)

  3. And watching The Twilight Zone. There's at least three episodes about bomb shelters, I think.

  4. I like it!

    I mean, I REALLY like it.

  5. Zombie fortifications aside, it's a nice pad. A little office-y but that's okay. The only thing I might add is a gopher hole/secret escape tunnel in case, god forbid, the zombies ever do infiltrate the premises. Of course, that also adds another potential entrance for the zombies, but if you disguise the exit well enough, you should be okay.

  6. Looks like something Hitler would build....really. I'm figuring a few million zombies would be after his ass.

  7. No, Hitler would have to have several places to hang flags and banners.

    I think for a zombie invasion it would provide a pretty soundproof / light proof that any zombies in the area would be bored silly and shuffle off.



Related Posts with Thumbnails