Monday, May 23, 2011

Retro TV Clip Of The Day: Carpenters Christmas 1977

Wow. Also.... wow. Another home run from TheMovieGuru.


  1. Oh my gosh, that's quite an interesting collection of people. That just sent me whirling down memory lane in all directions. HA! Good times. :-D

  2. Whoa, I'm gonna need to pack a lunch for that trip down memory lane. Karen Carpenter was one of my teenage idols. I wanted to sing just like her and my mom even had several pantsuits made for me so I could dress like her.

    Where was Fran?

  3. I adored Karen Carpenter. And it's easy to forget how saccarine TV specials used to be... until a Special Reminder pops up, like this one! Yikes!

  4. Three things speak to me:
    1. Richard really looks like he does not want to be there.
    2. Richard singing about stuffing Karen in the closet. Foreshadowing, anyone?
    3. Harvey Korman's muff!

  5. He stuffed Karen in the closet? I see him and think, I wonder what pills he's on today?

    Harvey Korman singing is something I could have gone my entire life without experiencing. I don't think even Carol Burnett let him sing.



Related Posts with Thumbnails