Monday, May 2, 2011

Music Video Of The Day: Dope

A PSA in song from Fat Albert and the gang about why you shouldn't use drugs. They're very convincing, too.

No sound under Cosby but it kicks in with the song.

Dope by ListOfTheDay


  1. Now that's some quality animation.

  2. It's better if you're doing bong hits while enjoying it. It's 4:20 somewhere, right?

  3. Wow, they get some really good sound from those homemade instruments. I was a little worried when Gravitationally Challenged Albert started doing jumping jacks. I sure hope one of those fellas knows CPR.

  4. I laughed when 1) they couldn't find a rhyme for dope, so they just repeated dope, and 2) the 450-lb guy tells us that we should take care of our bodies.

  5. I was amused by Fat Albert being in the fancy apartment with the guy sitting in the leopard spotted chair who is supposedly trying to convine him to do drugs. I think he would be much more likely to be pressured into trying drugs by his friends or by older kids that he sees out on the street than by some supposed drug kingpin.

    I remember watching this a lot when I was a kid. It fascinated me to see the musical instruments that they made out of scrap parts from the junk yard. ha! :D

  6. I'd love to see if somebody could reproduce those instruments and see what kind of sound you'd get out of them. I noticed they did have one real electric guitar, but no amp. Also, Fat Albert's singing voice doesn't seem to have any relationship to his speaking voice.



Related Posts with Thumbnails