Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Vid Of The Day: Jump

Looks fun but you would never get me off the ledge. Actually, you would never get me on the ledge. Pass.

From "A group of five completely insane guys base jump off a cliff around Mirror Lake in Eikesdalen, Norway for the IMAX documentary Adrenaline Rush. For free falling off a cliff, this is surprisingly calming."

It's better in HD if you want to click through and watch it on YouTube.


  1. Some really beautiful scenery there-Wow! No thanks for me to the whole jumping off the cliff thing, though. I get nervous just standing on the middle rung of a six foot ladder! I don't do well with high, open spaces. :-D

  2. No. no. I can hardly stand on a step-stool. Now, on the lake, drinking a beer, watching these guys? Yep. That's where you'd find me. Possibly taking bets on if a parachute didn't open....

  3. I'm actually boycotting this video, since I came here all fired up for a Kris Kross video.

    I even put my pants on backward.

  4. At minimum, would it have hurt to give us a little Van Halen?

    I'm sulking. Can you tell?

  5. Hell, yeah, I'd do it -- in a hot minute. I'd jump out of an airplane, too. I won't ever bungie jump, though. With my luck they'd miscalculate the stretch and I'd land smack on my head. Boom. Game over.

  6. "Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, and welcome to Jackass!"

    In other news, no chance, Lance. I'd rather live.

  7. I'd have guessed RGR would. Not me, though. My mother instilled in me a great sense of shame and a fear of heights. Growing up Catholic helped. With the shame, not so much the heights.

  8. Lefty, shame stopped working as a motivator for this catholic schoolgirl sometime in the late 80s!

  9. Jumping is on my list. So is parachuting.

    Tell Mr. Bluejacket to quit looking at the camera.

  10. Not sure what it says about my sense of humor, but this joke was the first thing I thought of when I watched the video:

    A young paratrooper went for his first jump from an airplane. Afterwards, he called his father to tell him the news.

    "We got in the plane, and the sergeant opened the door and asked for volunteers. About a dozen men got up and just walked out of the plane."

    "Is that when you jumped?" asked the father.

    "Not yet. The sergeant started to grab the other men, one at a time, and throw them out the door. I was the last man left."

    "Did you jump then?" asked the father.

    "No, I told the sergeant that I was too scared to jump. He tried to push me out of the plane, but I grabbed onto the door and refused to go. Finally he pulled down his zipper and took his penis out. He said, `Boy, either you jump out that door, or I'm sticking this up your ass.'"

    "So, did you jump?" asked the father.

    "Well, a little, at first, but then I got used to it."

  11. Wow, Cam. New heights/depths. Never quit being you!

    RGR, I am so turned on right about now (not for Cam's joke).



Related Posts with Thumbnails