This site cracks me up. Some of these would be grounds for divorce. "Sorry, honey, I love you, but I can't deal with your family anymore. Goodbye."
Link from Woodwoman.
Thanks SO much for taking care of Mystique while I'm gone. I hate the idea of boarding him, and you are saving me so much stress. Our garage code is ####, just in case you misplace the key. I know you're well-versed in cat care, but as you know all cats are unique, so I thought I'd clue you in to what makes Mystique tick.
(1) He likes a bit of outdoor time once per day. His kitty leash is by the front door (I put it on the door knob so you can't miss it). I like to walk him by the garden so he can smell the flowers and herbs. If he is a difficult mood, you may have to pick him and carry him to the flowers. After a few minutes of smelling the flowers and whatnot, he is usually much more relaxed and receptive to your requests.
(2) Mystique eats only homemade food. Out in the chest freezer on the left you will find small containers of Mystique's food (I grind rabbit and chicken meat and bones and fortify it with other goodness). The containers are enough for 2 days worth. I will have a fresh one in the fridge and then the day before you run out, defrost the next container to ensure freshness.
(3) He likes to be held and caressed as much as possible, but try not to smother him.
(4) After dinner, I set out 1-2 ounces of red wine for his heart health and to let him unwind. The mini bottles in the pantry are just for him and I labeled his wine bowl on the counter. 1 mini bottle should last 2-3 days. Make sure you don't give him too much even though he will probably drink it very quickly. He really enjoys it and his vet says that as long as it is moderation, he has no qualms.
(5) Mystique likes to watch the Meerkat Manor show on TV with me. I have several recorded.
Thanks so much for taking care of him! It means a lot to me that he is in your very capable hands. I really appreciate it.
(See more at E-Mails From Your In-Laws)