Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrity Majors Of The Day




Ever wondered what famous people studied in college? Neither have I, but here's a list anyway.

Oprah Winfrey - Speech/Drama
Matthew McConaughey - Pre-Law
Edward Norton - History
Jake Gyllenhaal - Eastern Religion/Philosophy
Jennifer Garner - Chemistry
Natalie Portman - Psychology
Conan O'Brien - U.S. History
Kevin Costner - Business
Brad Pitt - Journalism
Ashley Judd - French
Reese Witherspoon - English Literature
Ashton Kutcher - Biochemical Engineering
Eva Longoria Parker - Kinesiology
Will Ferrell - Sports Broadcasting
Sean Penn - Auto Mechanics
Courteney Cox - Interior Design/Architecture
Maggie Gyllenhaal - Literature/Eastern Religion
Forest Whitaker - Opera
Matt Damon - English
Kate Beckinsale - French/Russian Literature
Ray Romano - Accounting
Halle Berry - Broadcast Journalism
Chuck Liddell - Accounting
Clay Aiken - Special Education
Sandra Day O'Connor - Economics
Art Garfunkel - Mathematics
Jon Hamm - English
Lisa Kudrow - Biology
Mary Kate Olsen – Cuisine
Gwyneth Paltrow - Art History
Tommy Lee Jones - English
Denzel Washington - Journalism
Robin Williams - Sociology
Brooke Shields - French Lit
Steve Martin - Philosophy
Jerry Bruckheimer - psychology
Jon Stewart - psychology
John Legend - English
Vera Wang - theater

How about you? What's your major?

18 comments:

  1. I'm still pre-major. I'll decide when I feel more threatened by the imminence of death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winni...aw, hell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. BA in Literature with a concentration in Creative Writing and a Minor in Education.

    It's actually served me well since I homeschool my kid. :)

    Jim got his BA in History and a Minor in Literature. That's really helped him in roofing and siding sales. @@ LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Mary-Kate Olsen - Cuisine" Ummmm...

    "Jake Gyllenhaal - Eastern Religion/Philosophy" HUH. I see his sister co-majored in Eastern shizz too, but that doesn't throw me as much.

    "Ashton Kutcher - Biochemical Engineering" WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought Ashton was studying for the douchehood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chemical Engineering. The system is different here, so instead of choosing a major, you have to decide on one career from the beginning and stick to that or start over. I did have to select a specialty and decided on Electrochemistry, but that was after two years into the path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BA in Sociology, Masters in Counseling and then was accepted to a Masters in Elementary Ed program about 18 months ago. I lasted half of the first semester. Wow, did I hate school in my 40's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BA in Political Science and French (to which my father, MBA program director, snorted "take cab # 7") - my Masters from the UK is in (and this is the actual title) Postwar European Economic and Political Reconstruction (basically the European Union and Nato). No, I don't use it now but I yes, I did have a career in that area. I may be one of the few stay at home moms genuinely interested in European farm subsidies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Matthew McConaughey - Pre-Law *snerk* I wonder if he realizes most lawyers wear a shirt when they are on the job.

    I have a BFA in Creative Writing with a minor in English. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Double major in theatre and math. And now? I dye yarn for a living.

    At least I get to put my theatre major to use to a small degree by being active in local community theatre. And that is how I met my husband, so it was definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bryan May has a Doctorate in Astrophysics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matthew McConaughey: "If it pleases the court, and Ah think it will... let me just go ahead and take off this pesky shirt. Awww, that's better. We're tawkin' some fahkin... muscle, amiright, Your Honor?"

    I may be one of the few people who actually uses her double major: every day I WRITE (English) and ACT (Theater) like I enjoy my day job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BA in Public Communications with a minor in Psychology. Started pre-nursing reqs for nursing school, decided to become a certified vet tech instead. I use the pysch courses to deal with my co-workers every day....

    ReplyDelete
  14. BAs in Journalism and Women's Studies. Meaning: I am uppity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ray Romano studied accountancy? That explains why he is so boring, I guess.

    Can you really do auto mechanics, cuisine and kinesiology at University?

    My studies are in biology. I confess to being seriously over-educated in that field...

    ReplyDelete
  16. BS and MS Microbiology and I actually get paid for scientifical stuff so it didn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Political Science. I am great at neither confirming nor denying the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Decided to hold off until I actually had the degree... Then it slipped my mind.
    I finally got my BA in World Literature (and I get to start working in my MA in August!) - I love my area, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it - probably hide in academia...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails