Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WTF? News Story Of The Day: Obese Man Found Fused To Chair

From Woodwoman and WTRF 7News.



Obese Man Found Fused To Chair He Sat In For Two Years

Police describe deplorable conditions

Police said a Bellaire (Ohio) man had to be removed from his home on Washington Street Sunday after the man's skin had become attached to the fabric of the chair after he sat in it for two years.

Authorities said he was sitting in his own feces and urine and maggots were visible.

Police were called in to help transfer the man to the hospital. Authorities said they had to cut a hole in the wall to get the man out of his home.

Shockingly, two other able-bodied people lived there---another man, who had a separate bedroom, and the girlfriend of the man who was stuck in the chair. Officials say the girlfriend served food to him, since he never got up.

Bellaire Code Enforcer Jim Chase says now the tenants have been given orders to clean it or leave it. One officer said it was the worst thing he ever responded to. And most said the worst part of all was the smell.

Ironically the landlord says the man in the chair rented from her before and used to be a vital active person. She says she checked on them periodically but lately he always sat with a blanket over him. She says she had no idea it had come to this.

Sunday morning his housemates called officials when he was unresponsive. The 43-year-old man is currently in the hospital.


21 comments:

  1. So repulsive. *shudder*

    Makes me wonder what the heck happened to him that changed him from being a vital, active person into someone who sits in his own waste, fused to a chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a couple of years back. There was a story similar to this, except it was a woman and she was afraid to come out of her bathroom. Her skin had fused with the toilet seat. She too had a "caregiver/husband" that fed her. Needless to say that had to sugically remove the toilet seat from her ass. Husband was charged with a misdemeaner(sp).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most horrific part of this story is that people lived there with him - and one is a "girlfriend"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe he died this morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply horrific. Betcha "roomies" are meth addicts. This reminds me of a book I read, a while back, about a girl named Jeanne, developmentally disabled, who lived sitting on a portapotty contracption for 3+ years and of course, was crippled for life; like she didn't have enough problems. Let's all hope there is an extra special Hell reserved for people who inflict this sort of pain on others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one who is disappointed that there is no picture?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think so, Christi.

    I am 42 and so far I'm ahead of the curve. I'm not obese, nor am I fused to anything. If I can live to a ripe old age without this sort of thing happening to me, I'll call it a life well lived.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot about the chick on the toilet. She was crazy, though she wasn't obese. She sat on the toilet and refused to leave because she was pissed at her boyfriend.

    There was that woman back in 2004 who became fused with her couch. Article has pictures - http://www.wftv.com/news/3643877/detail.html Sat in her own filth, her husband (or as it BF) kept feeding her.

    I mean really - if you don't feed them then they'll have to get up and get it themselves, at which point it would be some movement. Or they'll starve, and eventually they'll be light you can just pick up them up and drop them off at the looney bin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Christi, you are not the only one.

    Left--I am going to remember what you wrote when I'm having a bad day. Hell, at least I'm not fused to my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am *so*happy I was eating my breakfast while reading this. I am going to go throw up now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I sit in a chair for too long, my hip or my ass starts demanding that I at least change position. I don't know how these people do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In other news, I know where you can get a chair for a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ewwww! Cary! HA HA HA! So bad, so bad! That will be the next ad to go up on Craigslist, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sick. I'm going to get up now and move around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought it was bad when my friends were called to confirm a death. Person rotted through the bed and was dripping into the basement..

    Yup.. dead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Leisa - WTF? Nasty.

    Daisy - It wouldn't surprise me if it did. Listed as "gently used." Or would it be "gently FUsed? And not very gently unfused, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really feel for the poor police who have to respond to all of these kind of things... you'd almost rather be shot at.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And I bitched because my mom didn't allow me to stay home in pijamas and eat in bed for more than a day! All these stories and those about morbidly obeses who can't go through a door and have to be forklifted to the hospital have something in common: One or more enablers who allow them to become freaks. I am blessed with people who'd actually care enough to kick my ass out of any chair/bed/cat sandbox.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My mental image of chair man was just replaced with an image of chrocs fused to a cat sandbox.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Half eaten and scratched, please.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails