Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Upstanding Citizen Of The Day: BK Brawler

Hilarity from The Smoking Gun. It helps if you are familiar with the story and video.


BK Brawler Admits Battering Worker, Lying To Police

Says Cops Will “Have To Come And Get Me.”



While admitting to battering one Burger King employee and giving police a phony name, the Alabama woman whose videotaped spring break outburst has become a YouTube hit said today that she believes prosecutors have overcharged her in reaction to news coverage of the incident.

Claiming that Florida law enforcement officials “want all the publicity,” Nekiva Hardy, 30, said she has been hit with a felony and three additional misdemeanors because investigators think “this girl is making a joke of it. She has so many views on YouTube.”

“Florida is a jacked up state,” observed Hardy, who was originally charged with a single misdemeanor battery count for the March 19 melee at the oceanfront eatery in Panama City Beach.

“I ain’t blaming nobody but myself,” said Hardy. “I pulled that girl’s hair, that’s a simple battery. I’m guilty of that.” But, referring to several Burger King employees, she added, “Them bitches ticked me off.”

Hardy also admitted telling police she was “Kimesa Smith,” the name of a friend in her hometown of Montgomery.

Hardy also copped to lying to police (and TSG) when she claimed that she had traveled to Florida with three of her four children. If cops thought she had to care for her young children, Hardy surmised, they would be less likely to keep her in custody.

Asked if she expected to travel to Florida and surrender on the five counts, Hardy replied, “Fuck them, they’ll have to come and get me.” She added, however, “It’s gonna be hard to find me.”


9 comments:

  1. Well, she does have a point. Florida is a pretty jacked up state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts exactly, although she isn't helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get past the word "eatery" in the original article.

    Nekiva, honey, it will not be hard to find you. Not with that hair and that olde world charm of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She seems to be a highly excitable gal! She went to BK to get some food in her stomach because she was there on spring break and was anticipating a night of drinking. Classy. She also said she was there with three of her children. (!) If Kimesa Smith really was a friend of hers, I bet she isn't anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I blame most of this kerfuffle on BK.

    Their slogan is "have it your way" is it not?

    Well, clearly this lady wanted to act like an utter jackhole and a spoiled brat.

    Best short-circuiting of an impending apeshit I ever saw was the time my then 6 year old nephew was patiently waiting in line with me behind some lady in McDonalds.

    The girl behind the counter messed something up in her order and instead of politely asking her to fix it, or even giving her the time to do so, this lady started shouting at some kid making minimum wage like she'd just messed up nuclear missile launch codes.

    My nephew turned to me and asked (apparently loud enough to be heard by the now fuming woman) "Why is she acting like that? Didn't her mom ever tell her to be nice?"

    The lady turned around to give him both barrels of fury, but stopped when she saw he was just a little kid. She grabbed her bag off the counter and left without another word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cam, I hope your nephew got an extra toy in his Happy Meal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to visit Japan and Florida some day. Both of those places are jacked up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank Irwin said...

    Cam, I hope your nephew got an extra toy in his Happy Meal.


    I wish, then he woulda had something to play with while we ate.

    Before anyone gets all angry, for the record it was a Tonka truck, and he wouldn't have been able to enjoy it on the same level as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Nekiva be one klassy bitch.
    I like the picture where her hair is done like a pineapple.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails