Aside from being a Rock Band loser, I don't play any instruments (sang instead). I am seriously considering indulging in my life-long fantasy of learning to play (electric) bass, tho. :)
I want to learn bass, too, Liz. Bass is cool.
I can play the piano a little, but not very well. I wish I could play it better. If I were up on stage, I wouldn't want to play an instrument, I'd want to be singing and dancing. :-)
1. piano, saxophone2 and 3. guitar
I'm primarily a bass player, but I play guitar, banjo and drums as well. I played trombone in high school band. Wish I could play the piano, but sadly my brain doesn't work that way.
I can play piano a little and I'm learning to play the Bodhran (a celtic drum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ChbigufBC8).If I were in a band, I'd want to play drums.
I played the drums in high school band. I would really like to learn to play the piano, but not sure my hands are as flexible as they need to be to start learning now.I want to be the roadie....
If I could learn to play this song I'd be happy:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXFs8EL35o
1. Bass2. Cello3. Been There. Done That.
I can play the flute and the piano, neither as well as I could 20 years ago. I've always wanted to play the guitar and the harp, but I have small hands so it's probably not going to happen.I'd want to play the drums if I were in a rock band. Drummers get all the "action." (You know what they say, "Save a drum, bang a drummer.")
1. What musical instrument can you play?Bassoon, flute, oboe, a little piano2. What musical instrument do you wish you could play?All the rest in a classical orchestra3. What instrument would you want to play in a rock band?I would have to be the lead singer, no instrument. If I could play an instrument publicly, it would be as the "first chair" of a classical instrument in an orchestra, not anything in a rock band. :)
I can play the spoons. I wish I could play the didgeridoo.I've imagined myself rocking out to the bagpipes.
1. Piano, clarinet, trombone & learning guitar!!2. Drums & bagpipes! 3. Drums...I have a "thing" for drummers. Le sigh. :)
I want to learn to play cowbell. Somebody's always wanting more of that. ;)
I'm thinking jazz flute, Ron Burgundy style. Maybe I'll start a Jethro Tull cover band. That or A Blue Oyster Cult cover - I hear Daisy is in for the cowbell.
I took trumpet lessons for a while, but didn't have the discipline to practice.My nose whistles; does that count?
I want to bring the Key-tar back.
1. skin flute2. banjo3. piano a la Jerry Lee Lewis
I play a killer wood block. That's about it. One of our sons is a full-time, professional musician (jazz drummer) in New Orleans; it's safe to assume he did not inherit his talent from his dad.
I play drums and percussion. I'd love to play piano, but I'm with Rockman on the flexibility question.
Yeah, drums is on my list too. Not sure what my odds are of succeeding at that, but I'm trying to turn my son into one. Tried with my daughter but she turned out to be a singer like me. I always wanted to be a backup singer. :)Here's the song I want to play, drums or bass:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g5DbXd6vjU
I dunno, Lizzer, you might want to start with something easier than DMB in multiple time signatures. I'm thinkin' Foghat or The Ramones.
Come to think of it, I'd rather just play the tambourine. Not a lot of performance pressure and you get to stand there and be decoration. THAT I can do. Like Stevie Nicks sans singing ability.
1. Piano2. Drums or acoustic guitar3. I'd love to be a singer. Lead or backup - I don't care. ;)
Wait. Cary, you play the drums? I... I think I adore you all the more. That kicks ASS. :D
I spent most of my free time during my youth in orchestra rehearsals playing my violin. I've played in festivals (solo, ensemble, and orchestra) up to the state level. Quartets, duos, you name it. I've even played at the Kennedy Center in DC, where I accidentally baptised the stage with an overflowing bottle of Sprite during a rehearsal. MMmyeah. I took up Irish fiddling in HS and never looked back, although I do love to sink my teeth into a good chunk of Vivaldi.I've always wanted to learn the cello and probably would've gone for it had we not already had a violin in the family (and they're expensive to rent!). I may still, once we're stateside. I'm also an operatic soprano, although it's been a loooong time since I sang anything on that caliber. Still have a loud voice, however!If I were on stage, I'd be the bass player. LOOOVE me some bass.
1. I'm a pianist. Played since I was six or so and studied privately all through college with one of the music faculty. My job through college was as an accompanist for the music department. Worked with some real diva's, too -- several of whom could not back up their attitude with any shape of an exceptional talent! (Ouch!) I was also a Bassoonist through High School and was principal in the regional symphony orchestra.2. I wish I could play the Harp, Guitar and the Lute. Because what's sexier than a guy with a lute? I mean, c'mon?!3. I'd be an organist in the rock band, of course! Hammond B3, baby! Something like Ray Manzareck of The Doors.
I took piano lessons for many years, still have a piano in my house, but still can't play worth a crap. Not where my talents lie. I played flute in high school band, I was a much better flutist than pianist, but haven't picked that up in years either. In a rock band I think I'd go for drums!
Drums since first grade...I am Neil Peart's greatest fan...
Neil makes it look easy. It is not.
Do play - drums and guitar (drums in the school band - yawn.....boring, show tunes, our music teacher was just a little gay)Wish - pianoPlayed drums in a rock band in the late 70s and early 80s. It was a blast. Had a day job so I remain fairly well adjusted.
Instruments I can play? None. I played the trombone in 5th grade and the recorder in 4th grade and that was it. So, that doesn't count.I've always wished I could play the piano.And I wouldn't be caught dead on a stage in front of people. I'm not at all the rocker type ;)
I play clarinet, but want to learn to play the French horn, sop sax, guitar and piano.
Used to play piano a little, a little guitar, used to be a decent singer (lost that after a few years of smoking...quit a lot of years ago but never got my singing voice back...dumb cigs, dumb me!) Sigh...Always wanted to learn to play bluegrass banjo...no idea why, I was more of a rocker. I think it was because of "Dueling Banjos" from Deliverance.