Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kids' Passive-Aggressive Notes Of The Day

From Passive-Aggressive Notes unless otherwise noted.

"My six-year-old daughter misbehaved at school, so she couldn’t go to the harvest festival. This didn’t go over well, so she wrote me this threatening note. When I laughed, she took it back to add, ‘I (am) serious.’”

"Mom, do not eat one piece of [bacon] or I not talk to you."

"If you don't get me a water, I will call 911 or call Daddy."

From Bailey in Oklahoma: “My little brother hung the original note on his door when I came home from college for christmas. after I laughed it off, he left a special note just for me. When I when walked in anyway, he yelled, 'Didn’t you see the sign?!?’"

"Dear Mom, I want to inform you that I am not feeling like I want to talk to you so please just say goodnite then remember I will be up early so you can do my hair. - Claire."

These next two are from Le Shallowgal, who explains that her two kids were fighting so she made them write apology notes to each other. This is her daughter's first try at an apology to her older brother.

"Dear Jake, I'm sorry for doing nothing. Noa. P.S. I did not touch you."

Of course mom rejected that one and made her try again. Her second version:

"Dear tattle tail, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Noa."

Text to a mom from her 16yo son

And one from me...

One day last year, my daughter went home from school with a friend. When my wife arrived to pick her up, the kid wanted to stay, of course, but it was almost dinnertime and she had homework to do, so they left. My child was not happy about this.

"They're doing fun stuff and we're just going home," she whined.

Says Mom, "If you get your homework done, we can do something fun after dinner."

"Like what? There's NOTHING fun to do at our house!!"

"Oh well, maybe you'll think of something."

She did. Not long after they got home, my child presented her mother this list of things they could do for fun. I guess #13 was a last-minute add-on.


  1. Your daughters list is CLASSIC! My eight year old could have written that list. We are the most boring parents ever, and he never misses a chance to tell us this.

    He wrote us a letter a few months ago, asking why we are always yelling at him and why can't he have a little brother. Wait a few more years and maybe one of your two older brothers or sister that are in college can give you a kid to play with. He just better hope he is old enough to live on his own before we have to go to the retirement home. I hear that place is BORING!

  2. LOL @ bean counter! I have an almost-teen that might well be the type to want to stay with Mom 4-ev-r. I could see him coming with me to the retirement home!

  3. They are so truthful, the little darlings. I don't want to say my sons are competitive, but one time I got a Mother's Day card signed "from Elliot, I love you more than Warner".

  4. These are hilarious! I love how they seem to think it makes it more official if the words are in writing instead of just saying them to you like the "I am serious" one.

    "Wash the dogs." HA HA HA!

    Woodwoman, my boys who are 16 and 21 years old, sign any thing they write to me with "Your favorite son" followed by their name. They have both been doing this for years and both know the other one does it too. It is a running joke with them. The older son added his phone number to my cell phone listing his name as "My favorite son."

  5. Daisy, did you call that number, and then say, "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was calling [younger son]"?

  6. Frank! HA HA HA! The thought never crossed my mind, but that's a great idea. Thanks! :D

  7. My son was 6 when he wrote MOM and put the big red universal symbol for No over it and hung it on his door.

  8. Love these. I got a Circle-Slash over the word Dad before. My son has a short fuse.

    Love you new profile pic, Daisy!

  9. Thanks, Lefty! :-) I found a new photo editing website to entertain myself with called FaceinHole. It is quite amusing and really simple to use.

  10. Just last week my child was angry at her mother about something (I don't remember what; it changes daily) so she got a book on positive parenting (ha) off our bookcase, plopped it on the table in front of my wife and said, "According to this, you're doing it wrong!"

    That went over well.

  11. WOW! That girl has some sass!

    When my kids are smart, willful and nasty to me, I reassure myself that they won't roll over for others in the real world. I guess we'll see.



Related Posts with Thumbnails