Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Classic Comedy Clip Of The Day: SCTV/Gerry Todd/Michael McDonald

This one never gets old.




Reminds of me of an Onion news story from not too long ago:



Christopher Cross Finally Reaches Mexican Border

NOGALES, MEXICO—After nearly 20 years on the run, Grammy-winning singer-songwriter Christopher Cross finally reached the Mexican border Monday.

"I had such a long way to go,"said Cross, who fled south after gunning down 10 in 1980, "but I've finally made it to the border of Mexico."

Doctors, who described Cross' body as "weak," said much sleep would be necessary to restore the health of the fugitive adult-contemporary vocalist.


8 comments:

  1. Classic! And I'm so glad Cross finally made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Funny stuff. :D Cross must have taken the long way around.

    By the way, after seeing the motivational poster over there in all its glory, I googled images for cutaneous horn---well THAT was a huge mistake!!

    I'm telling you right now, if Frank or Cam post a link here later that has to do with that poster, I'm NOT clicking on it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been a fano f the song but I'm a huge fan of the video. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, of course it took him a long time to get to Mexico. He got caught between the moon and New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was ten, it was much funnier to sing "And I've got such a long way to go, to make it to the bathroom at Texaco."

    Also, this reminds me of the Yacht Rock videos on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look at the google images of cutaneous horns (Daisy made me do it) and yowzah! Who knew? There's a lot to choose from, and the ones growing out of the eye area have their own specialness, but I think the winner is the one growing out of the end of a penis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RGR--HA HA HA! :D

    Woodwoman, I'm sorry. You can't unsee that stuff. What amazed and horrified me was how big some of those growths got before people had them removed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing SCTV did ever gets old! Count Floyd, Guy Caballero (sp?)...I loved it when he'd cross his legs while sitting in his wheelchair, Lola Heatherton ("I wanna bear your children!"). My b-day present this year to myself is the boxed set of every season (hope there is such a thing!).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails