Monday, February 21, 2011

Cool Commercial Of The Day: Shell

Not a funny, just a wowza for you car-lovers.

From Tom Kane, who sez: "This is a Shell commercial shown in Europe. Ostensibly they're selling gasoline, but the cars used in the video steal the show. Ferrari pulled several of their vintage race-cars out of storage, flew them around the world, and filmed them running through the streets of Rome, Rio, New York, Hong Kong and Monaco. No CGI - these are real cars on real streets."

Turn your speakers up for some award-winning (if there is any justice in the world) sound design.



btw, if anyone wants one of these cars, let me know, as I will probably pick up a few this weekend and can grab one for you, too. If they're not too overpriced, that is.


15 comments:

  1. That was awesome. If you can pick up one of the red cars for me, then you'd be awesome, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love ANY engine sound at 10,00 rpm's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I ever told you how much I love Tom Kane? Oh, and you, of course. That was very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't need to pick one up for me, but thanks anyway. It doesn't look like they have much trunk space to put groceries in, and I'm not sure they are really designed to handle driving on ice and snow. :-D

    Cool video, though.

    Welcome back, Cary. I hope you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me tingly in my naughty places.

    If you wouldn't mind, go ahead and pick me up one of those. I could use something for when I need to run a quick errand and don't want to take the Mustang out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would look so dang cool in one of those but only if I was never seen getting in or out of it. I'm pretty sure that would negate my coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to watch you get in and out rich girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Smama et al. Amber/Frank - done. I'll let you know when they come in.

    RGR, I think you have an admirer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More than one.

    I love the way that thing sounds at high RPMs. Like a shitload of angry bees ready for love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Daisy. We had a blast. Now I'm broke.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rome, New York, Rio and...Wollongong!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I could find a car that got me from here to Rome to London and back again in 40 seconds, I'd go for it. Travelling's a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was sweet. On my bucket list: drive a race car.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was fantastic. I was moved Vrrrrmmm ;) And it's nice knowing that Shell can still afford to make high art advertising... (too political?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails