Friday, February 25, 2011

14 Cringeworthy Kisses Of The Day

TV and movie lip-locks that made you squirm. And not in a good way.

Chosen by readers of EW.com.

LUKE & LEIA
The Empire Strikes Back

Aren't they brother and sister? They may not have known it at the time, but George Lucas did. Ew.

ANGELINA JOLIE & JAMES HAVEN
2000 Academy Awards

See above.

ADRIEN BRODY
& HALLE BERRY
2003 Academy Awards

Can you blame him? Well, one EW.com reader does: ''I HATED that kiss! Just because a woman is pretty and you’re a horny movie star doesn't mean you get to grab her and kiss her without her agreement. I wanted her to knee him in the balls.'' —TM

MERYL STREEP
& SANDRA BULLOCK
2010 Critics Choice Awards

Right about now, Meryl's praying she didn't catch anything

BRITNEY SPEARS, CHRISTINA AGUILERA
& MADONNA
2003 MTV Video Music Awards

Watching anybody kiss Madonna makes me gag.

JACK TORRANCE & BATHTUB LADY
The Shining

Everything was fine until she stayed in the tub a little too long. Like, 100 years.

MICHAEL JACKSON
& LISA-MARIE PRESLEY
1994 MTV Video Music Awards

From EW.com readers: "Not a 'thriller', just creepy." "Even remembering it grosses me out."

RALPH MACCHIO
& ELISABETH SHUE
The Karate Kid

Yes. Great movie but those two had zero chemistry. Zero.

AL
& TIPPER GORE
2000 Democratic Convention

An inconvenient truth: you two have to kiss each other. Urp.

(See the rest at EW.com)


15 comments:

  1. Glad to see The Office one on there - it was the first thing I thought of. I still have to flee from the room on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa! I was just getting ready to say I can't believe it's on the list! I might cringe a smidge, but through tears of laugher.

    Never fails, I see a pic of Jolie and her bro going at it and I instantly want to go shower. So gross. Her kissing Sling Blade always made me ill, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance I thought EW was a word rather than the abbreviation for Entertainment Weekly. That seems appropriate for this list. :D

    Sandra looks more like she is going to bite Meryl's chin rather than kiss her.

    The one of the Gores, the way her left hand is positioned, it looks like she wants to push him away from her.

    When it happened, the Brody/Berry kiss made me laugh the way he just went for it without worrying about the outcome. Yes, it was impulsive, impetuous, and rash, but I think that's why I liked it. More kisses should be like that.

    All of the rest of these, though, yes, definitely made me cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELL YES to The Shining! Of all the creepy scenes, that one always freaks me out the most!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I've seen that old lady from the bathtub in a Walmart in Kansas.

    These are all so gross. Most of them were staged to prove some point. (like anyone believes Michael Jackson had sex with any woman). And they failed. Badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the Brody/Berry kiss! Reminded me of that scene in "The Quiet Man" when John Wayne grabs Maureen O'Hara in the midst of the storm and lays one on her. Sigh.

    I knew when Tipper and Al kissed that they weren't going to stay married. Body language, people. 95% of all communication is non-verbal. She is saying "Get the fuck away from me you robot!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Office kiss is awesome. Oscar just looks so uncomfortable. It was purposefully awkward. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They forgot that entire skit from SNL where the whole family kisses each other on the mouth. The one with Paul Rudd was hilariously disturbing. Or disturbingly hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. JACK TORRANCE & BATHTUB LADY

    My cousins and I were at Grandma's house when that was playing on cable TV one day when I was a kid, and she happened to walk into the living room just as the naked woman was kissing Jack Nicholson.

    Grandma was scandalized and she canceled her movie channels that day.

    AL & TIPPER GORE

    And then she cancelled CNN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Al Gore looks like a crappy kisser...look at those suction cup lips!! And I think she's trying to push him away because he's about to grope her in front of the whole crowd.
    Madonna always looks like she stinks and has bad breath...who'd wanna kiss that???
    The Shining scared the shit out of me...both the book and the movie...but this scene was definitely the scariest!! Can you imagine looking like that woman and also having to kiss Jack Nickelson???? She was REALLY having a bad day!
    Michael Jackson...it just seems wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re: LUKE & LEIA, ANGELINA JOLIE & JAMES HAVEN.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NdCMwSPhUw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack Magner and Diane Franklin in "Amityville II: The Possession" (1982) gets my vote for one of the most disturbing kiss - scenes in a movie.

    I'm surprised that it wasn't included on this list. It's a real "gross - out" scene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oof! I'd forgotten that one for 20 years. Awful movie for more reasons than that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can we add Justin Beiber and Selina Gomez?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails