There's a shitload of hair in this band. I'd hate to clean their shower.
I know I've seen that blonde in other vids, but can't place her.
This is RGR's favorite song, btw. And Cam's, and Afro Amber's. Kate likes it but prefers "Rockin' Into The Night."
Thursday, October 7, 2010
From 2600.com. I'll let them explain:
Google Instant is the latest incarnation of the search engine that fills in potential responses as you type them into the Google search bar. Some people think this is great while others feel like Google is reading their minds and are freaked out by it. We believe it's fun for at least one reason.
Like everything these days, great care must be taken to ensure that as few people as possible are offended by anything. Google Instant is no exception.
Somewhere within Google there exists a master list of "bad words" and evil concepts that Google Instant is programmed to not act upon, lest someone see something offensive in the instant results... even if that's exactly what they typed into the search bar.
We call it Google Blacklist.
Give it a try. Go to the Google home page. Type in "puppy" and see the many results that fill your screen. Now type "bitch" and admire the blank screen. In this case, the two words could mean the exact same thing. But Google Instant is erring on the side of caution, protecting the searcher from seeing something they may not want to see.
Obviously, all you have to do is hit return to get the results like you always could. However, even when your request isn't blacklisted, you're not getting the SAME results that you would get by hitting return. Entering "murder" into the search bar and hitting a space gets you suggestions of mostly band names. It's only after you hit return that you can learn the other sinister meaning of the word.
What we have here is a demonstration of how content can be filtered, controlled, and ultimately suppressed. It is indeed a good thing that Google isn't evil.
Here's A through C. Full list at 2600.com.
- 2g1c (blacklists on the "1")
- 4chan (blacklists if a "B" or "Y" is entered after a space) (UPDATE: "4chan Y" no longer is blacklisted)
- a2m (blacklists after space)
- acrotOmophilia (the things you can learn from this list!)
- adUlt (seriously!)
- anal (blacklists after a space)
- anuS (there really seems to be more blacklisting in this part of the anatomy than anywhere else)
- are (this is a VERY interesting one. if you stick "are" after the following words, the blacklist kicks in: jews, christians, catholics born-again christians, evangelical christians, atheists, muslims, blacks, whites, italians, mexicans, chinese, japanese, germans, arabs, french, buddhists. the blacklist does NOT kick in when these words are entered before "are": terrorists, scientologists, agnostics, seventh day adventists, jehovah's witnesses, mormons, protestants, evangelists, pentecostalists, columbians, panamanians, iranians, iraqis, koreans, persians, turks.)
- are idiotS (most any word before this phrase will generate a blacklist - this is really protecting us from ANY sort of negativity)
- aryaN (it's not JUST a racist movement, Google - go read Wikipedia)
- asian baBe
- ass (blacklists after a space - you will thus see nothing for "ass monkey")
- assHole (OK to say on network TV but not here)
- assmUnch (you can even say this one in church)
- auto eRotic
- babeS in toyland (thank you Google for sheltering us from the 1961 film classic)
- baby battEr
- ball GravY (who comes up with these?)
- ball SaCk
- ball gaG
- ball kiCking (goodbye football)
- ball liCking
- ball sUcking
- barely Legal
- barenAked ladies (let this be a warning when picking offensive band names)
- bastardO (yet bastard is OK)
- beaver clEaver
- beaver lipS
- betty doDson
- bi cUrious (not around Google)
- bianca bEauchamp
- big blAck (they weren't THAT bad a punk band)
- big knOckers (knockers by itself is fine)
- big tiTs
- biseXual (why this is offensive while heterosexual, homosexual, asexual, trisexual aren't is beyond us)
- bitcH (there are probably more inoffensive uses of this word than any in this list)
- black coCk (blacklisted, but "white cock" isn't and will get you a list of inoffensive suggestions)
- blonde actIon blonde on blonde aCtion blow J blow your L blue wafFle blumPkin
- bolloCks (never mind them - at least the Sex Pistols aren't blacklisted)
- bondAge boneR booB booty Call brown showerS (apparently it's OK if you just try one)
- brunette Action bukKake (knowing words like this is how you win at Jeopardy)
- bulldYke bullet vIbe
- bung hOle (but "bung hammer" is helpfully suggested before the blacklist kicks in)
- bungHole (thank you Beavis & Butthead)
- butt (blacklists after a space, so you won't see results for "butt exercises")
- buttHole (we suspect the Butthole Surfers are fit to be tied over this)
- buttcHeeks (yet buttcrack is allowed)
- camel Toe camgIrl camslUt camwHore carol quEen (apparently being a sexologist is enough to get you on the blacklist)
- carpet mUncher carpetmUncher chastity bElt
- chocolate roseBuds (but vanilla rosebuds are fine)
- chrissie wUnna circleJerk
- cleveland stEamer (but "cleveland steamers gets suggestions)
- clit (blacklists after a space)
- clitoriS (we're not sure why they waited until the last letter)
- clover clampS clusterFuck
- cocainE (but "crack" and "heroin" are inoffensive)
- cock (blacklists after a space, narrowly averting a "cockpit" blacklist)
- cockS consensual Intercourse
- coprolaGnia (at last, people who inadvertently type this word into Google won't face any potentially offensive definitions)
- coprophIlia (now there's a twenty dollar word)
- cornhOle courtney troUble cream pIe creamPie crossDresser (but not transvestite)
- cuckoLd (this one dates back to 1250, but it dies here)
- cum (blacklists after a space)
- cumming (blacklists after a space)
(Full list at 2600.com)
I read recently that Snooki of Jersey Shore fame is writing a book. You can't see me, but I'm rolling my eyes. The news put me in the mood to do a little photo editing. Since she is trying on a new role, so to speak, by writing a book, I started imagining her in some different roles too, some retro roles to be exact. ~from Daisy
What would it have been like if Snooki had been around a few years ago. What kind of roles might she have taken? Because of her diminutive stature, I thought she might have been a good stand in for Arnold Drummond on Diff'rent Strokes.
How about Snooki, The Flying Nun? Hmm...something isn't quite right.
I Dream Of Snooki? She has the right cleavage for that role, at least.
She likes being by the shore, so maybe pairing her up with Flipper would be good casting. They call her Snooki, Snooki, Snooki...
Speaking of animal acts, this one seems oddly appropriate too. A horse is a horse, of course, of course..
One of my favorite old shows was Leave It to Beaver. Can't you just see her as Mrs. Cleaver out in the kitchen and calling Wally and the Beaver in for supper? No? I guess I can't really picture that one either.
I guess the poet in me would most like to see her in one of these roles. How about Snooki and The Rookies?
Or maybe as Snooki Cookie? (She and Katy Perry could both get kicked off of Sesame Street.)
Snooki the Wookiee!