Monday, December 20, 2010

Vid Of The Day: Present Face

The worst part of the holidays: opening shitty gifts and pretending to be excited. I suck at it. Do you?

From Dorfmunder.


  1. This was awesome. I love that little bush-baby-eyed girl (and now I get to see her on "Raising Hope" every week!)

    Actually, I'm pretty damn good at the present face. But I wasn't born with those skills -- they come from YEARS of getting Salad Shooters, vacuum cleaners, and hideous bathrobes. Over 50 acting classes didn't hurt, either.

  2. My cousin once gave me a couple of Where's Waldo? books for Christmas. I was 35 at the time. She was older.

  3. Funny stuff. The worst is when you open a gift, and you honestly have no idea of what it is that you've just been given. My mother-in-law gave me a strange-looking liquid soap dispenser that came in a plain brown cardboard box (no writing on the box to tell me what it was) one year. There was no soap with it which would have been a clue if there had been, Oh, and it needed to be assembled! There was a small paper with it that showed how to assemble it with diagrams and arrows but no words.

    I thanked her, but I'm sure I must have had a confused look on my face. I didn't figure out what it was until after I got back home that night.

    Why did she give me a liquid soap dispenser? That part I never figured out. It was just one of several odd gifts that she has bestowed upon me over the years.

  4. I don't have to open anything in front of anybody this year. Victory is mine!

  5. The best WTF Christmas present I have was a 10 inch buck-knife from my great aunt Bess.

    Like with Daisy it was in a plain brown box and I had no idea what it was until I opened it up.

    I was 7 at the time, and my mom seeing me open up a razor sharp knife without any warning ensured that she'd be the one opening any further presents from Aunt Bess.

  6. Best video of the season. Bush baby eye girl, are you an elf or a vulcan? Uh, doesn't matter.

  7. Classic. Love this one. I just explained "present face" to Steve the other day when we were discussing his shitty luck of the draw in Secret Santa at work. "Aw, thanks. Thanks for this $1 clip to my pocket mini Allen wrench set that wasn't even close to anything I put on my list. YAY."

  8. Loved Bush Baby girl (Kate Micucci) when she played 'The Gooch' on Scrubs. These two are awesome!

    I've been working up a present face for years. I always get clothes from my mother-in-law. Sometimes it's cool. One time I got a strange Avon multi-tool.

  9. It's good to know there are some things you can count on. Continuing with her tradition, this year my MIL gave me a wooden bath mat. I'm not quite sure what one does with a wooden bath mat, but if I ever figure it out, I've got one. I'm ready.

    It should go well with the liquid soap dispenser I mentioned above. Oh, and it should go well with the pink and white faux fur tissue box cozy with the googly eyes that she got for me from a few years ago too! :D HA HA HA!



Related Posts with Thumbnails