Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Classic Christmas Craigslist Ad Of The Day: Slippers

best of craigslist > vancouver, BC >


Christmas is Tight This Year


Date: 2008-12-19, 6:24PM PST


My dear friends,

Somewhat embarrassing to admit, but Christmas is tight this year.

I will be making bedroom slippers for you all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've included the instructions below.

How to make bedroom slippers:

* You need four maxi pads to make a pair.
* Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
* The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
* Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.

Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most asthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are:

* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
* Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.

I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the nifty slippers for yourself....

Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each one of you. So please hurry I need to start them as soon as possible.



12 comments:

  1. Haha, well I feel like a freak knowing this buuut... whoever wrote that craigslist ad got the picture of pad slippers from this "amazing" museum called The Museum of Menstruation and Women's Health. The slippers are towards the bottom of the homepage http://www.mum.org/ I'm sure you'll waste a good chunk of time browsing the oddities of the website now, you're welcome.

    My personal favorite part about the website is the owner - go ahead and try to convincingly tell me this is a man you would not bring home to meet mother http://www.mum.org/FAQ2.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I guess this answers the question of what do you get the person who has everything.

    I'm not so sure what they mean by the non-slip grip strips. If you peel off the backing, you'll be stuck tight to the floor the first step you take in them, and if you leave the backing on you'll be slipping and sliding all over the place.

    Using them to mop up spills while wearing them is certainly "appealing??" too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creative use of fem prods could solve many gift-giving dilemmas. Can't afford an iPad for your loved one? Get them this instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would really come in handy if you should somehow cut your foot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll copy this ad and send it to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Daisy, but I already have a pair.

    A tampon crafts website, RGR? Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya know, I've seen that craft site before and was totally grossed out by it, so why I decided to go back to it is beyond me. But I'm thinking it was some sort of Christmas miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Samsmama, it IS that time of the month, er, I mean, year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frank, I should have known you already have some. Rats! Now I'll have to think of something else to get you for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What about tampon earrings! C'mon...don't string them along; get the folks on your list something that will soak up the compliments! And, these won't cramp your style when it comes to saving money. Let the holiday cheer flow! Seriously: Bet you can find these on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails