Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Brainy Celebrity Hotties Of The Day

Who says you can't have it all? Brains + beauty = score!



You know her from: Star Wars, Garden State, Closer, The Professional

Why she's brainy: Has a psychology degree from Harvard. Also engaged in graduate studies at Hebrew University. Speaks Hebrew, French and Japanese fluently.


You know her from: The cover of every magazine printed in the 1990s. Yes, every single one.

Why she's brainy: High school valedictorian (4.0 GPA), enrolled at Northwestern University to study chemical engineering on full academic scholarship. Dropped out to pursue modeling full-time after a semester.


You know her from: Numerous Bollywood movies and the 1994 Miss World pageant, which she won. Rai was declared the most beautiful woman of all-time by numerous web polls, magazine articles and Julia Roberts.

Why she's brainy: Was an A student at the prestigious Ruparel College in India (part of the University of Mumbai). Wanted to study medicine or zoology but ultimately ended up majoring in architecture. Fluent in several languages including Hindi, Marathi, English and Tamil (her native tongue is Tulu).


You know her from: Click, Serendipity, Underworld, Pearl Harbor.

Why she's brainy: Attended Oxford University (New College) to study French and Russian literature for 3 years. As a teenager she was a two-time winner of the W.H. Smith Young Writers' competition for her short stories and poems. Is also fluent in French, German and Russian.


You know her from: The Karate Kid, Adventures in Babysitting, Leaving Las Vegas.

Why she's brainy: Attended Wellesley College and Harvard University. She left Harvard to focus on acting in the mid 80s, but returned 15 years later to complete her degree in Government.


You know her from: GoldenEye, X-Men, The Faculty, Nip/Tuck

Why she's brainy: Attended Columbia University to study literature and writing. Later attended the University of Amsterdam to study Economics.


You know her from: If you're using the internet, you probably don't know her. Ask your grandparents.

Why she's brainy: Owns a joint patent with composer George Antheil for an early version of spread spectrum communication technology (U.S. patent #2,292,387) - a concept that was later incorporated into wireless telephones and internet wifi.


You know her from: Talk Soup, Friends, The Ghost Whisperer, 24.

Why she's brainy: Earned a Bachelor's degree from Dartmouth in Government with a minor in Environmental Policy. Fluent in French Russian and Swahili.


You know her from: Career Opportunities, The Rocketeer, Requiem for a Dream, A Beautiful Mind

Why she's brainy: Attended Yale for 2 years (English) then transferred to Stanford to complete her Bachelor's degree. Is fluent in French and Italian.


  1. Natalie Portman could become engaged in graduate studies at Frank Irwin University, if you know what I mean.

    Wasn't Hedy Lamarr in Blazing Saddles?

  2. That's Hedley...

    And what? No Winnie Cooper? Damn!

  3. I mean, c'mon!

    Danica McKellar is responsible for more of my page hits than anything I've ever written.

  4. Not surprisingly, my last Word Verf was 'ovenfill'.

    Because I would, if someone hadn't beaten me to it.

  5. Beauty + Brains = NOT FAIR!

    "I had been fed, in my youth, a lot of old wives' tales about the way men would instantly forsake a beautiful woman to flock around a brilliant one. It is but fair to say that, after getting out in the world, I had never seen this happen."
    — Dorothy Parker

  6. I'm with you Elliot! My family still watches The Wonder Years every night and I have often pointed out to my middle school age daughter how smart Winnie is in real life. I just knew I would see her as I scrolled down :(

  7. Is Jennifer Connolly sitting next to someone's legs?

    I don't see what the big deal is about studying at Harvard or Yale. I could do that, as an American teaching overseas...there's a program set up for just that.

    Frank, I think you're edging dangerously toward Dirty Old Man territory...

  8. I'm of the belief that Frank is a firm proponent of the hereafter...

  9. Siress, there's a difference between night school and being enrolled full-time! ;)

  10. Cindy Crawford does nothing for me. Kate Beckinsale, though? I'd hit that.

    I feel dirty looking at little Winnie Cooper posed all sexily.

  11. I like that Ashiryawaitayai Rai

  12. I can't believe Paris Hilton isn't on this list

  13. Might have something to do with her not being brainy. Or hot. And why she's a celeb boggles my mind.

  14. What about Joanna Lumley? She holds several patents, was a Bond girl and co-starred in AbFab. So there y'are.

  15. I feel dirty looking at little Winnie Cooper posed all sexily.

    Oh, me too, too....

  16. Another person out of the spotlight is Jodie Foster. I believe she went to the Sorbonne? studied her college courses in French...

  17. And Brooke Shields went to Princeton.

    I can't believe they left Janice Dickinson off the list.

  18. Cary, yeah, there's a difference, but the degree will still say "Harvard" or "Yale" when you hang it on wall.

    I think I said this before when you posted something similar, but intelligence is not necessarily measured in how many languages one can speak. My neighbour, for example, speaks four: English, German, French, and Greek. It's not uncommon for Europeans to speak more than one tongue; in fact, you're considered rather thick if you can only speak your native language, at least here.

    Besides, IMO, if you've got all that smartitude but wind up mired in Hollywood's cess pool, where your worth is measured in how well you can shill yourself (or in a woman's case, how thin and sexy she is or how much tit she'll show for a buck), maybe you weren't doing yourself or your intelligence any favours in the first place. Just my opinion...

  19. Beauty + brains. Nice big perky brains.

  20. I looked at Jennifer Connelly's picture and all I saw was buttcheeks.

    George W. Bush went to Yale and Harvard. Just sayin'.



Related Posts with Thumbnails