Friday, November 12, 2010

Recipe Of The Day: Bacon

LVGurl sent me this yesterday, and now it's making the rounds on Facebook. I guess everyone wants to know how to make perfect bacon. Call me crazy, but I might have to give it a try this weekend. I hope I don't set the house on fire.

So there you have it. But what you really need to see are the reader comments. A few of my favorites:

"You didn't specify which brand of paper towel - I used Bounty and it totally absorbed all my bacon. WTF?"

"I made this in my EZ Bake Oven. It took nine days. On the fourth day, the bulb burnt out so I replaced it with one from a tanning bed. Five days later, out came Snooki. How do I get her to leave?"

"This recipe saved my marriage."

"If this angel of cooking had just come along years earlier, Canada wouldn't have screwed up their bacon."

"This recipe looks great! Could you please add the instructions on how to switch the oven on and off?"

"That's not what 'late night bacon' means in my house."

Click here to see more comments.


  1. This is priceless. Rachael Ray annoys the crap out of me. I hate the way she says, "yumm-o!" I'm pretty perky but she makes me look like Keanu Reeves.

    My favorite comment: "That's funny. My idea of late night bacon involves Kyra Sedgwick and knee pads."

  2. Out came Snooki. HAW!

    I cook bacon in the oven. 400 degrees on a non stick baking sheet for 20 minutes, turn bacon once. The bonus is that the bacon stays flat.

  3. "Tried this recipe last night. The bacon was great, but the paper towels tasted awful."

  4. Microwaved bacon is horrid. Fry that shit (or bake, if you're patient).

  5. Ha! I guess Rachel Ray must not wear Enjoli.

  6. Carolyn, I don't have the patience for that. Fry in a cast iron skillet, I say.

    The comments killed me. "That's not what 'late night bacon' means in my house" was the best.

  7. I love bacon and frying it is one of my favorite things to do. I'm all about the griddle. It's like Mel's Diner up in here.

    Rachael Ray is the worst. EVOO!

  8. RR was really cute and fun for a while. But by the time you hear YUMM-O and EVOO for the 50th time...I defy anyone to not want to dunk her head in a deep fat fryer.

  9. One thing about frying bacon, never do it naked. Hopefully you won't find that out the hard way, like I did.

  10. Oh that made my day..

    Love it!

  11. Mel's Diner! Great semi-obscure reference, Smama. Do you tell D to kiss your grits sometimes?

  12. Here's another comment:
    "I always like to put my own little spin on recipes. For this one I added bacon bits and cheese. The kids love it! Thanks Rach!"

    I'd like to see this woman go to prison.

  13. I'm holding onto hope that Rachel Ray will post her recipe for toast to go along with this!

  14. Bacon, you say? In my house we call it Shredded Swine Flesh... at least I do.

  15. My sister told me about having a bacon appetizer at a restaurant recently. I asked how it was prepared... it was 4 pieces of bacon on a plate. WTF? I said that's an appetizer????

  16. Leisa said...

    My sister told me about having a bacon appetizer at a restaurant recently. I asked how it was prepared... it was 4 pieces of bacon on a plate. WTF? I said that's an appetizer????

    To be fair, right now the idea of four pieces of bacon on a plate is making me kinda hungry.

  17. For the record, I have no idea what "Canadian bacon" is...we fry up our bacon like the rest of you!! I spent the summer at every &%$# highland games known to man with my dancing daughter and my first stop after getting our stuff set up was always the "peameal on a bun" stall, ooooooh baby, that's the stuff!

    samsmama, "Only when Flo is in town" is genius, HA!

  18. Every time she says "EVOO" or "Sammie" instead of sandwich, I want to hit her in the head with a bottle of NON virgin olive oil.



Related Posts with Thumbnails