Thursday, November 18, 2010

Classic 80s Music Video Of The Day: Jungle

This song will forever remind me of college. It was one of several staple dance songs played by an Athens party band called Liquid Pleasure (I think they played other campuses in the Southeast as well). They would always say, "The more you drink, the better we sound," but it was false modesty: they kicked ass. I liked them better than Doug Clark & The Hot Nuts, which is saying something, because those guys rocked too.

I hear this song and have hazy memories of lying in a sand pit behind a frat house (why they had a sand pit, I don't know) under my roommate's sister, Veronica, enjoying a (clothed) game of slap-and-tickle that was moving rapidly toward becoming an unclothed game of slap-and-tickle when suddenly she got this funny look on her face.

"What's wrong?" says I. She didn't answer. Then she puked on me. So in a way I guess she answered. Then she cried. (Why do drunk women cry after they vomit? I always found it cause for celebration. "All right, got that out, now I can drink some more!")

Other than that we had a lovely time.



Download it here. I did.



14 comments:

  1. Not me, Cary - I hurl and keep right on partyin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! I'm dancing here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet love in a litter box story.
    Rock on

    ReplyDelete
  4. My zumba kids love this song. They ask for it and "Kung Fu Fighting" every week. Strange little buggers.

    The FPOTD is my absolute FAVORITE so far! I can't stop looking and laughing. I'd like to think they're singing "O Come All Ye Faithful!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. KT - Ha! Never thought of it that way, but yes, I'm pretty sure there was a furry cat or two in the vicinity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that really took me back to my teen/20's we LOVED to dance to that and knew all the moves! Thanks for the cheer up Cary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puke and rally, I always say.

    They used to play that song every Saturday night at the bar I worked at. There was 3 sisters, two of which were twins, that would get up there and do the routine. It's cute at first, but then you realize there's not much variation to it, and it all of a sudden seems like a really long song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL @ RGR's "O Come All Ye Faithful." With regard to the FPOTD, I also liked the fact that they appear to have their "O" faces on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad-Ass song!!!! Brings back many good memories from my early twenties!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Jungle Love" is one of my dad's all-time favourite songs. This is a guy who likes a lot of orchestral stuff and Dave Brubeck. I should send this to him...hehee...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liquid Pleasure used to play a country club I worked at whenever Duke frats would throw a party. They were a good time and their presence guaranteed debauchery. I had one of their tshirts (was a pair of lips drinking from a straw) for a long time. Thanks for the memories, I had forgotten about them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear God, this was my senior year homecoming theme.........1987..........really.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails