Thursday, July 15, 2010

Top 9 White Guy Afros Of The Day

From Maxim.com.

LEON TROTSKY

Even when this Bolshevik revolutionary was in exile, he continued to oppose Stalinist bureaucracy…and regularly scheduled haircuts.

RICHARD SIMMONS

The flamboyant exercise guru likes his hair the way he likes his ladies: big, sweaty, and ready to be conditioned.

ART GARFUNKEL

Sure, Paul Simon was far more talented than his ex-partner, but the Funkel’s ’fro accentuated that at least he was taller.

BOB ROSS

Just look at the happy little burnt-sienna mess of hair that sits atop the late The Joy of Painting star’s hippy-dippy head.

SIDESHOW BOB

Springfield’s resident homicidal maniac hates barbers as much as Kelsey Grammer (who voices the freak) hates driving sober.

PHIL SPECTOR

The pistol-packing producer showed up to his murder trial sporting this blond Afro wig, then got 19 to life. No word on whether or not the wig went with him.

BEA ARTHUR

How Rue McClanahan was the one getting laid in that house remains a head-scratcher.

GARY SPIVEY

Without a hint of humility, this professional psychic channels the cosmos through his mystical wig. He should really try channeling a gym membership.

MATT STONE

If you look closely, you can see the patch of gray that spawned "Uncle Fucker."

HONORABLE MENTIONS

The Drummer From Boston


Sammy Hagar "The Horrible"


Lindsey Buckingham


Dude from "Room 222"


Bob Dylan


Harpo and Chico Marx


Bert Convy
(RIP)


William "The Greatest American Hero" Katt


Don Henley


Yahoo Serious (Young Einstein)


Journey guitarist Neal Schon


Luke from General Hospital


Of course, any mention of Anthony "Luke" Geary means I have to run this classic commercial.


0:11 - "Da Bears!"
0:14 - Frolet
0:17 - "Valet parking, sir?"
0:22 - "Ms. Easton will take care of you, sir. Be sure to hang onto your claim check."

And a forgotten solo cut from Lindsey B. You might want to send your pets out of the room for the last 45 seconds of the song.


25 comments:

  1. Bea Arthur? C'mon, that is hardly a mullet. It isn't even curley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Lindsey. Horrible hairdo, beautiful blue eyes. Gotta go, need to find Rumours in my ipod.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phil Spector is the funniest though.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrocs--I'm with you on Lindsey--bedroom eyes for sure!

    I remember during my freshman year at UT all the girls in my dorm were just ga-ga over Anthony Geary. I thought he looked like Gallagher. Ick.

    In April I sat next to a man wearing a new Member's Only jacket on the flight to Florida. Tell me they aren't popular again. Please. Lie if you have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have mine from jr. high. It might fit... my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spector would be funny if he hadn't killed Lana Clarkson. I loved her in Barbarian Queen. *harumph*

    ReplyDelete
  7. RGR:

    If those jackets are back, I'll need to raid my dad's wardrobe and sell my findings as "vintage". Back in the early 90's I sold all my mom's old 70's polyester pants and blouses to a rich pal. The amount of people who go for that crap is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that commercial. Is there nothing my Members Only jacket can't do for me?

    Ladies? - check
    Suave sophistication? - check
    All the colors of the rainbow? - Goddamn right.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked Bob Ross, he made it look so easy and was really fun to watch.
    I thought I was the only one with a 'lil crush on Lindsey...hmmm...yep killer eyes. It was really cool how he and Stevie Nicks would always look right at each other when they were performing. Talk about passion... whether loving or hating each other at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a crush on Lindsey but then I dreamt that I married Mick Fleetwood. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love me some Mr. Buckingham. I did see Mick Fleetwood one time in an antiques store here. You can hardly miss him. He also bottles his own wine and was signing bottles here at, get this, Costco. I got some. Everyone becomes a yuppie in the end.

    I digress. White people afros freak me out, generally, that red-headed guy on Room 222 is a nightmare from my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What about the Brady Bunch boys? This list can't be complete without the Brady boys...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The description for Richard Simmons' picture made me laugh.

    The biggest white guy afro I ever saw was on the boyfriend of one of my friends in college. This picture was taken in 1978, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woah, Daisy! Wasn't he in Earth Wind and Fire?

    ReplyDelete
  15. HA! He sure looks like he should have been. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet, Daisy. Did he carry one of those cake cutter things afro guys picked their hair with?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know, Woodwoman. I wasn't around him much. He probably did to keep it puffed up so high. It was funny to watch him walk. His hair kind of bounced up and down on top of his head while he walked the same way a balloon on a string would that you pull along behind you. I remember his first name was Gordon, but I don't remember his last name. He was really short too which made the height of his hair even more comical.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tim Buckley for the win.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7rwmD4HcC9A/R6DCpjXQjZI/AAAAAAAAAA8/U1d3lo-O4VQ/s320/Tim+Buckley.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again, that's Tim Buckley for the win and if you need more evidence:
    http://thisrecording.com/storage/28462242-28462247-slarge.jpg
    http://www.auralexploits.com/ebay_images/lp/BuckleyTim_HappySad_2.jpg
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/42355781
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/20405977
    http://nobrasil.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/0161_tim.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_30snsxDkLjo/SjKasGRaSRI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/l73o_YD0r-M/s400/TimBuckley-2.jpg
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/44275069
    http://cdn.pitchfork.com/media/9504-the-best-of-tim-buckley.jpg
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/42355897
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/2858914
    http://www.last.fm/music/Tim+Buckley/+images/27293481

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another one we forgot was Tim Buckley.

    ReplyDelete
  21. For the Win!

    Also: Who the hell is Tim Buckley?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Betty's son, I assume. Or William's great-nephew. A guy with a fro who won.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whoever he is, I'm betting that someone somewhere in his family is named Buck.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails