Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Kids' Passive-Aggressive Notes Of The Day

Last month I posted this passive-aggressive note from my kid. Frank saw these and thought they would make a good follow-up post. He was right. Enjoy.

From Passive-Aggressive Notes unless otherwise noted.


Laura in California writes: ”My six-year-old daughter misbehaved at school, so she couldn’t go to the harvest festival. This didn’t go over well, so she wrote me this threatening note. When I laughed, she took it back to add, ‘I (am) serious.’”



Writes Sarah: “This note was written to me after I told my seven-year-old daughter to go to her room until she felt like being nice. I’m still trying to figure out what she really feels. Was it love mingled with regret…or slathering me with goodness in hopes of ending the misery in her room?"



"Mom, do not eat one piece of [bacon] or I not talk to you." Reader Irsh says she found this note taped to the laundry room door when she got home after her son had already gone to bed. “I’m not sure why he thought I was going to eat the bacon,” she says, “but I have to admit the idea of him not talking to me was briefly appealing.”



“My wife and I have been busy lately,” writes Sean in Vancouver, “and we forgot to get the newly-lost baby tooth from under my daughter’s pillow. We finally remembered a few days later. When my wife went in to slip some money under the pillow, I could hear her trying hard not to crack up. When she came out (red-faced and laughing), to show me the note, I understood why.”



"If you don't get me a water, I will call 911 or call Daddy." From Flickr user A.S.I.N.



From Bailey in Oklahoma: “My nine-year-old brother hung the original note on his door when I came home from college for christmas. after I laughed it off, he left a special note just for me. When I when walked in anyway, he yelled, 'Didn’t you see the sign?!?’"



From eight-year-old Matt to his sister, Chloe.



Claire and her mom found this relic of childhood while going through a filing cabinet over Christmas. “Neither of us know what prompted it,” Claire says, “though apparently I was mad enough about something to write her this note, but not mad enough to go to bed without her telling me goodnight."



Nick in Florida was in his car one day, when he “pulled up at a light, looked to my left, and immediately started laughing.” He quickly pulled out his iPhone and snapped a photo.



Liev in Gainesville, Georgia received this from her six-year-old son when — while trying to get dinner on the table for five kids clamoring for her attention — she had to tell him she did not have time to look at his latest Lego creation right this second. “This is his drawing of me yelling at him. The thing above him is his broken heart.”

These next two are from Le Shallowgal, who explains that her two kids were fighting so she made them write apology notes to each other. This is her daughter's first try at an apology to her older brother.


"Dear Jake, I'm sorry for doing nothing. Noa. P.S. I did not touch you."

Of course mom rejected that one and made her try again. Her second version:


"Dear tattle tale, I'm sorry. I won't do it again. Noa."



A busy working mom in Austin, Texas got this little love note on her BlackBerry from her sixteen-year-old son. In the end, our submitter adds, he didn’t take the bus after all. Total bluff!

14 comments:

  1. My son can't write much yet, he's only 5, but he does yell that I am the worst mommy ever when I don't let him have his way.

    I just reply, No I'm not honey, Joan Crawford is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far, my daughter only takes pen to paper when she's happy... but her verbal tantrums have been pretty entertaining and creative, so I look forward to getting something like these of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning I found a three index cards on my daughter's alarm clock, they all say something similar to this: "Dear Morning me, GET UP! Remember last night and how fun you thought it would be to wake up on time so don't go back to bed. No even for a min."

    A couple of years ago I found a bunch of "mom is mean, I hate her" notes. I called my friend crying and feeling very upset and she started laughing hysterically on the phone. She has grown kids and said "if your daughter is writing diary entries that she hates you, that's how you know you're doing something right." So I'm trying to go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prairie Girl says:

    My 11 yo daugther was at the dentist's for a cleaning. She texted me this:

    ":( I can't believe you're putting me through this torture. I'm hating you and dad for the next hour."

    I texted her back "sucks to be you"

    Please note, even my 11 yo knows the difference between "your" and "you're".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Matt took the time to date his note. Makes it so official.

    The doodle pro is a good one, but the apology written on the car is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prairie Girl is awesome!

    I am surprised that I haven't gotten any notes from my 9 year old. He does ask me on a regular basis if I still love him after I have yelled at him. Breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Thankfully, my kids haven't felt the need to write down how much they hate me but if they do I am sooooo submitting them;)

    I especially liked the last ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! Can't wait for my child to write more...I'm sure we'll get some notes after she starts kindergarten in the fall. I have gotten some pretty choice pics drawn of myself, apparently I already have the "mom" face with the squiggly line for the mouth (to indicate perpetual anger?).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have gotten a note from my son after I disciplined him about something or threatened to. It was a simple note containing only the "NO" symbol. The circle with an angled line through it. It was shoved emphatically at me. I wish I'd kept it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are awesome.

    Aaand that's all I got. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids are so stinking funny. I'm scrambling trying to find a note my oldest daughter (she's 22 now) wrote me when she was about 7. I don't remember why she was mad but she ranted and raved for several sentences and then ended it with: "I still love you. I'm just loving you a little less < right now." (Complete with < sign!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HA! I think Noa is having a little bit of trouble letting go of the anger there.

    Matt's angry all caps message with multiple exclamation points sandwiched in between "Dear Chloe" and "Sincerely, Matt" was quite amusing, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Matt's note to Chloe, clearly written in proper letter-writing format like he learned at school, was my favorite too :-)

    Years ago my aunt told me her youngest son used to write her little notes and leave them in her purse when he was unhappy about things. Her favorite one was about her middle son and read "eric bin bad."

    I'd like to see the kind of notes the kid who was going to shit in her mom's car writes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL make sure you keep those forever, my sister kept some of the notes I wrote to her when I was little and we sit and laugh when she pulls them out. Precious memories, lol. And they will get great things to hold over there head as a teenager to embarrass them.

    Tiffany
    http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails