Love it. Laughed.
Monday, December 21, 2009
best of craigslist > vancouver, BC >
Christmas is Tight This Year
Date: 2008-12-19, 6:24PM PST
Somewhat embarrassing to admit, but Christmas is tight this year.
I will be making bedroom slippers for you all as gifts. Please let me know your sizes. You'll most likely agree that it's a splendid idea, and should you wish to do the same, I've included the instructions below.
How to make bedroom slippers:
* You need four maxi pads to make a pair.
* Two of them get laid out flat, for the foot part.
* The other two wrap around the toe area to form the top.
* Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part.
Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most asthetically appealing), etc.
These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe
* Three convenient sizes: (1.) Regular, (2.) Light and (3.) Get out the Sand Bags.
I've attached a photo of the first pair I made so that you can see the nifty slippers for yourself....
Awaiting your response. It's crucial that I get the right size for each one of you. So please hurry I need to start them as soon as possible.
- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
You suck at teh Christmas.
Category 1: Next Year, Don't Even Bother
2) You Missed A Spot
The rooftop nativity is a nice touch
And they put their name on it
Frosty The Snowhead
Pease on erth
Santa bagged an 8-point buck and two Mickeys at this year's hunt
I didn't realize Bethlehem was near the North Pole
Grinch Goatse (if you don't know what goatse is, do yourself a favor and don't look it up)
The final countdown
So many kids were naughty this year, Santa came heavy
4) Public Menace
This one caused some problems:
"Good news is that I truly out did myself this year with my Christmas decorations. The bad news is that I had to take him down after 2 days. I had more people come screaming up to my house than ever. Great stories. But two things made me take it down.
First, the cops advised me that it would cause traffic accidents as they almost wrecked when they drove by.
Second, an old lady grabbed the 75 pound ladder and almost killed herself putting it against my house to help the guy. She didn't realize it was fake until she climbed to the top (she was not happy). By the way, she was one of many people who attempted to do that.
My yard couldn't take it either. I have more than a few tire tracks where people literally drove up my yard."
More here. From Sarah and DRSJF.