Movies stripped bare. From Movie-A-Minute.
GOOD WILL HUNTING
Matt Damon: I'm smart, but so what? Let's start fights and pick up chicks.
Robin Williams: If you push people away, they can't be close to you.
Matt Damon: SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP you fixed me thank you I love you. (cries)
THE SIXTH SENSE
Haley Joel Osment: I see dead people.
Bruce Willis: Try talking to them.
Haley Joel Osment: It worked.
RETURN OF THE JEDI
Darth Vader: Luke, come to the dark side.
Darth Vader: Your goodness has redeemed me. Die, emperor scum.
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
James Stewart: I'm useless.
Henry Travers: Don't say that. The happiness of the entire universe depends on your existence.
James Stewart: Hooray!
BATMAN AND ROBIN
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Ice to meet you.
Producers: We may have created the worst movie in history.
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
(Airplanes are found in the desert.)
(UFOs appear over Richard Dreyfuss' house.)
Richard Dreyfuss: Wow!
(UFOs appear over Devil's Tower.)
Julia Roberts: I'm a jerk, but I'm brilliant. Give me a job, you fountain of scummy pain evil.
Albert Finney: Ok.
Julia Roberts: This company is poisoning water. Let's fry their ugly hides in extract of hell.
(They DO, and it is HEARTWARMING.)
(A train WRECKS, and it is COOL.)
Tommy Lee Jones: We must find the fugitive. Check every type of house.
(Tommy Lee Jones chases Harrison Ford but finds out he is innocent.)
Harrison Ford: I'm glad I don't have to run away anymore.
Kevin Costner: Though I am a simple victim of circumstance, a pretender, I am also a metaphor for the rebirth of the collective American unconscious, quickened again from its own ashes.
Townsfolk: That's nice. Deliver these letters, please.
John Travolta: I like you, but you're not cool enough.
Olivia Newton-John: What if I dress like a slut?
John Travolta: Now that you're not who you are, I can love you for who I wanted you to be.
THE HORSE WHISPERER
Kristin Scott Thomas: I'm obsessive-compulsive, my daughter broke her leg, and I don't love my husband. Robert Redford, you can save us all if only you'll fix our horse.
Robert Redford: Ok, but you're annoying.
(Robert Redford STARES at the horse, thereby making it ALL BETTER.)
Kristin Scott Thomas: I love you.
GLENGARRY GLEN ROSS
All: Expletive. The leads, the leads. These are expletive leads. Expletive expletive expletive. It's all about the expletive leads.
THE FILMS OF DAVID LYNCH
Some Woman: I do enjoy my nice, idyllic lifestyle, but I hope that underneath my seemingly perfect suburban world there is corruption and evil.
(SOME WOMAN discovers her OWN CORPSE and is ARRESTED.)
Midget: Someday that gum you like is going to come back in style.
Hit Man (laughs cryptically)
(An EYE is slit open with a RAZOR BLADE. We learn that SOMEBODY was really SOME WOMAN all along, and they were on the MOON.)
Julia Roberts: I'm a hooker, but I don't kiss on the lips.
Richard Gere: I have a lot of money.
Julia Roberts: (smooch)
Monday, May 18, 2009
Movies stripped bare. From Movie-A-Minute.
Last Saturday morning, I was half-awake when I suddenly felt breathing on my face. I opened my eyes and saw my child's giant face about a half inch from mine. She was smiling.
"Hi, Daddy," she said. Obviously, she'd come up in the night -- again -- and gotten in bed with me and the Mrs.
Her smile dropped. Her eyes bulged. Her brow furrowed. She grabbed her nose with one hand, her throat with the other, and said, "Bye, Daddy," as she fell back on the pillow, eyes closed and lifeless, as if she were dead.
"What?," I said. "You don't like my delicious morning breath?"
So then of course I had to pin her down and give her lots of icky kisses.
Anyhoo... here are two lists from WebMD. Who says you can't learn anything on LOTD?
5 COMMON CAUSES OF BAD BREATH
2. Say "Ahhh." The deep holes in your tonsils, called crypts, are a common cause of halitosis. If your tonsils are too wide and pitted, a cheese-like smelly substance collects in these holes. These nuggets sometimes smell, and may cause bad breath.
3. Pungent foods and bad breath. Foods such as onion, garlic, and fish can cause bad breath -- even hours after you brush your teeth.
4. Bad habits = bad breath. Any type of smoking (cigarettes, cigars, pipe) or chewing tobacco can leave you with a really nasty taste -- and smell -- in your mouth.
5. Tummy troubles. Sometimes GI problems such as GERD or an ulcer can cause bad breath when you burp and gas is released. Also blame low-carb diets, which cause ketosis, a fat-burning state in the body that produces dragon breath.
10 TIPS TO BANISH BAD BREATH
Now for the fix, here are some simple tips from oral health experts on how to have breath that’s "kissing fresh":
1. Brush your teeth -- and tongue -- twice a day. While you’re brushing your teeth with a fluoride toothpaste, brush your tongue – especially the back of the tongue, to remove smelly bacteria that cause bad breath.
2. Floss once a day for fresh breath. Flossing is must-do. Flossing gets out hidden food particles and removes plaque, a coating of bacteria that forms around the tooth. Flossing also helps prevent periodontal disease -- another common cause of bad breath.
3. Gargle with peroxide to fight halitosis. An antimicrobial mouthwash is important if you have a problem with excess plaque. You can also gargle with peroxide for fresher breath -- just swig, swish, and spit. The oxygen in the hydrogen peroxide kills mouth bacteria that cause bad breath.
4. Use a fluoride mouth rinse for sweeter breath. Not only do decayed teeth hurt, they have an awful odor. Tooth decay can be prevented with fluoride toothpaste and proper dental care.
5. Drink more water. Lack of fluids can lead to dry mouth and cause bad breath. So can mouth breathing and medications like antihistamines.
6. Reduce upset stomachs to ease bad breath. Over-the-counter antacids may ease a sour or acidic stomach, which can cause halitosis when you burp. If you are milk intolerant and have GI problems, try lactase tablets.
7. Check your sinuses; infections cause bad breath. Bad breath is often a clue to an underlying sinus infection. "The purulent post-nasal drip is the culprit," says William Sears, MD, also known as "America's Pediatrician," an associate clinical professor of Pediatrics at the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine. Post-nasal drip is most noticeable after sleeping at night, which is why many people rush to brush their teeth first thing in the morning.
8. Eat yogurt for sweeter breath. Yogurt replenishes the good bacteria in the gut and promotes a healthier mouth. Celery and parsley also help remove smelly bacteria in your mouth.
9. Chew gum with xylitol to banish bad breath. Chewing gum makes you salivate if your mouth is dry and causing bad breath. Saliva is what washes away the bacteria in your mouth.
10. See your dentist. At least every six months, see your dentist for teeth cleaning and an oral exam. Your dentist can check your mouth and teeth for open cavities and gum disease that cause bad breath.
Now go brush and floss your teeth, because I can smell your nasty-ass breath from here.