Friday, October 16, 2009

World McFood Of The Day

Think our McD's food is nasty? Check out some of the shit they serve elsewhere. On the other hand, a couple of these look damn good.

From Food Network. Link from Sheila.

McHotdog

Across Asia, you can pick up a McHotdog Mega Breakfast Sausage.


Sausage & Egg Twisty Pasta



A breakfast item. Sausage, eggs, and pasta in chicken broth and “other greens.”


Bacon Potato Pie


It’s like an apple pie, but with mashed potatoes and bacon.


Cheese Katsu

Fried pork sandwich stuffed with cheese.


Double Beef Prosperity Burger

From Malaysia. two beef or chicken patties dipped in black pepper sauce and layered with fresh onion slices in a sesame seed bun.


Ebi Filet-O


A fried shrimp sandwich. In Hong Kong, it’s known as the Shrimp Burger. (Crabby patty!)


Shake Shake Fries


You dump your fries into a bag, sprinkle seasoning on them, and shake. Available flavors include seaweed, chargrill, French onion, salt & pepper.


McBanana Pie


Fried pie with banana filling.


Shogun Burger


Served in Hong Kong, it's a pork patty with Teriyaki sauce and cabbage.


Bubur Ayam McD


Bubur Ayam literally translates to “chicken porridge.” Chicken strips in porridge with onions, ginger, and chili peppers.


McSpaghetti

Spaghetti noodles served in sweet tomato-based sauce. (We have this in the U.S. It's called Chef Boy-Ar-Dee)


McRice Burger

A ground beef burger or chicken fillet served with special sauce on fried rice cakes.


McArabia


Grilled chicken or kofta (beef with spices) with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and garlic mayonnaise, wrapped in an Arabic style pita bread.


Chicken Mac

Two breaded chicken patties (de-boned breast meat), lettuce, sesame seed bun, McDeluxe sauce, and cheese.


Recette Moutarde


Mustard burger on ciabatta bread. Introduced in Morocco in 2006.


Veg McPuff Pizza


Rectangular dough, filled with tomato sauce and vegetables.


Paneer Salsa Wrap


Cottage cheese, drenched in cajun seasoning and then wrapped in flatbread and fried.


Chicken McCurry Pan


Starts off with a rectangle dish made out of dough and is topped with a tomato-curry sauce, spiced with thyme, basil, and oregano, chicken, bell peppers, and cheese. (Thank you and come again!)


CBO

Chicken, bacon, and onions


Croque McDo


Two melted slices of Emmental cheese and a slice of ham toasted between flattened hamburger buns.


Beer

Offered in Germany, France, and a few other locations across Europe.


LakseWrap


A fish wrap sold in Finland and Norway.


McTurco

Sold in Turkey, it's two burger patties covered in cayenne pepper sauce, and vegetables, and served on a fried pita.


Bacon Roll

Just slices of bacon on a hard roll with ketchup. Sold in England. (You had me at bacon, lost me at ketchup.)


My Poutine


From Canada. French fries topped with cheese curds and gravy.


McPizza

Started off as a family sized pizza, but turned into an individual-sized pan pizza.


Gallo Pinto


You can order gallo pinto (rice and beans) at the McDonalds in Costa Rica.


Kiwiburger

Sold in New Zealand. It’s a beef patty, with an egg, tomato, lettuce, cheese, onion, cooked beetroot, sauce and mustard on a bun.


Triple Mac


Big Mac not big enough? Try the new TRIPLE MAC in Argentina.


McMolletes


Refried beans, cheese, and pico de gallo served on an English muffin. Sold in Mexico.


Deluxe Breakfast

The McDonalds deluxe breakfast in Hawaii comes with spam, rice, eggs, and sausage patties.


McLobster Roll

Served seasonally in Canada.

45 comments:

  1. It can never be a deluxe breakfast unless it's served up with a portion of spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the beauty of taste. It's all subjective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, Frank!

    While most of those look absolutely disgusting, there were a few that looked yummy. Stuff it with cheese and deep fry it and I'll eat just about anything. I'm a health nut like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. McDonalds can't get diet coke right, imagine how they can fuck up a beer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and "My Poutine" sounds completely wrong!

    I love McD's Diet Coke! Must be a Cali thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audra.. HAHAHAHAHA! why does it always taste like root beer?

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM, My Poutine craves a mega sausage all of a sudden...

    heh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Should clarify, the McLobster is limited to only eastern Canada....if only it would migrate west....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sure there's real lobster in that thing. Crayfish, if you're lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watch out its McLobster migration season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i find it hard to believe they've got wasabi in norway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. for the record: poutine is delicious. It's important that it be cheese curds and not just any old shredded cheese or something. But seriously: fries, gravy, and cheese? Delicious. Bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAHAHA @ Juicy

    WV skychl - Balloon Boy Falcon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course Wasabi makes sense in Norway. If everything is a variation of whitefish, a little green nuclear mouth explosion would be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I >heart< gallo pinto! I'd eat the poutine (cheese curds? uh, yeah!) and the bacon potato pie too.

    Damn, now I'm hungry.

    w/v = inglique = like engrish, only from french-speaking countries?

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Mouth-watering porridge?" I don't think so.

    Some of those sounded pretty good, I think. Others, not so much. They need to be washed down with the funky Coca-Cola beverages they serve in different countries. We sampled them at the Coca-Cola Museum in Atlanta and some of them were VILE.

    WV: smsmat: Where Samsmama takes a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  17. firewoman316 wrote:
    It can never be a deluxe breakfast unless it's served up with a portion of spam.

    Are you from Hawaii? Because here in the Aloha State, Spam plays a major role in McD's breakfast offerings, not just the deluxe breakfast. I think there's an Egg McMuffin with spam in it.

    Spam™ is a major food group here in Hawaii, yet life expectancy is approaching 90. Must be because all our pollution blows onto someone else. Also because we feast on the blood of tourists traveling alone, but you didn't hear that from me.

    The other great thing here is the haupia pie. Haupia is like sweet coconut jello or pudding. Yum.

    Okay, having lived in Seoul over a third of my life and having visited Japanese and Hong Kong McD's plenty of times, I might start to sound like I'm educating, but I'll risk it.

    #1, the McHotdog Mega Breakfast is a Japan-only thing, I think. We definitely don't have it in Korea. For the longest time we had no breakfast at all in Korea, even though they were 24 hour shops. Korea was like the only place without an Egg McMuffin, but we had egg burgers: a cheeseburger or hamburger with an egg in it as well. Blech.

    #2, the Sausage over noodles, I think is in Hong Kong, but I can't remember for sure. And for some reason, HK McD's served borsch. Not sure who their demographic was, except for Russian sailors on shore leave.

    #3, the Bacon Potato Pie, is a Japan-only thing, as far as I know, and it is DELICIOUS. I go out of my way to get those things. It's like a chicken pot pie sort of thing to go.

    The Cheese katsu is McD's version of a local Japanese thing: katsu is Japanese for "cuts" I think, as in pork cutlets.

    Korea McD's has the bulgogi burger. That's pretty good. If you like bulgogi. It's probably the most accessible Korean food to the American palate (no kimchi).

    ReplyDelete
  18. kushibo, you left out one HI island McOffering that stands out in my memory. Taro Pie. A regular fruit pie with sickening purple pasty stuff inside. Having tasted taro root in other contexts, I declined to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Not very many of those looked like something I want to try. Your "crabby patty" comment made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll second Kushibo - the bacon potato pie is super yummy! Back when we lived in Japan they had this thing called a Teriyaki McBurger. It was a burger with teriyaki sauce and an egg on top, that thing was NASTY!

    Aside from the name - I could chow on that CroqueMcDo... yummy cheese :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. My rule of thumb when traveling is eat pretty much whatever the locals are.

    You'll tend to be surprised by something you'd have never though to try back home.

    That said I'd be all over anything on this list with bacon in it, and the idea of getting a beer in McDonalds has appealed to me ever since I saw "Pulp Fiction".

    Word veri: triescar, If you'd wrap a car in bacon, Cam would most likely triescar.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey, I'll voice up for the McSpaghetti (sold in the Philippines at "McDo" (pronounced MAC-dough)). It's a really different tasting sauce; you wouldn't think it'd work, but it's pretty decent.

    Plus McDo has a fried chicken combo, too. Not bad...

    It is funny to travel and see what U.S. washouts have surfaced & thrived in other cultures, where dining tastes tend towards their particular product line (i.e.: KFC, Shakey's, and Wendy's are huge in Manila).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, we have McLobster here in VT/NH! We also have Poutine, but that's because Quebec is just a stone's throw away.

    I would totally eat the Double Beef Prosperity Burger with a side of Shake Shake Fries and a McBanana Pie for dessert. Oh, and I'll have a McBeer with that.

    I'm not kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've had the McLobster back home in Cape Breton - it's actually decent. Remember, it's regional, so lobster isn't as expensive as it is further inland. It's not spam cheap, but it is cheaper. Poutine is amazing too. Fries gravy & cheese. Are you kidding me? It's a heart attack in a bowl. What else could you want?

    Frank is right - spam with breakfast is vile to me, but they wouldn't keep it on the menu if it wasn't popular. Give the people what they like. : )

    WV - "burfi" how you feel after eating the dishes in this post

    ReplyDelete
  25. I live in Japan, and trust me.. everything they have to offer is damn good. Check out the menu if you dare...

    Juicy Chicken Akatogarashi (like a chilli chicken burger) is one of my favorites.

    http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/menu/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I believe this is the first and last time I'll ever see the words "mouthwatering" and "porridge" linked together.



    wv: septiess

    It's all the same once it reaches the septiess tank.

    ReplyDelete
  27. HAHAHAHA McLobster migration!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The McLobster is also served in parts of Maine.

    And Poutine is the BEST DAMNED food ever. Fries. With cheese. AND GRAVY. Even better with cheese turds...er, CURDS. EL YUM! (I'm French Canadian, so I KNOW that stuff, even when I've not been around it for a LONG time)

    ReplyDelete
  29. kushibo - i often put spam (or prem) inside my onigiri. hmmmm that sounds like a euphemism for something else, but really... i love my spam!!!!

    i'd eat most of those menu items i think.

    p.s. yes, poutine is very big up here in canuckville.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I dunno, most of these look a lot better than the american offerings.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Is it safe to say that world wide, McDondald's offers the same menu everywhere, just with local additions? If that's so, it may be that the local stuff is made fresh, not with the highly processed, re-constituted stuff the rest of menu is.

    I've been in McDondald's in Oslo, Munich, Edinburgh (fancy a McHaggis?), London, even Rome, mostly to get a drink or use the loo...they all always seem to smell the same. They just opened a new one round the corner from us (seems like it went up over night) which is a McCafe. Haven't done the sniff test yet.

    ReplyDelete
  32. We once had the McOZ here in Australia and it was damn nice. Beef patty with salad veg INCLUDING BEETROOT (which apparently was what made is so "Australian") But they got rid of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  33. MMMmmmmm, banana pie? WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A couple of years ago, my coworker and I, while working hard, found the Flavor Twist cone on the Malaysia McDonald's menu. We're completely sad it hasn't been on the American Menu yet. They look awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This post makes me want to travel abroad for exotic yummy goodness...

    On another note:
    http://listofthedayb.logspot.com/

    wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  36. Okay, it's taken me a while but I finally figured out where I saw the MSOTD before.

    It's Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde from the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" movie.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I can't even imagine what McDonald's passes for meat in countries with sub-USDA regulations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'd eat all of these except for the Spam.

    I have standards, you know. Really low standards, but they are standards nonetheless.

    PS Cary baby why are you modding comments? None of my beeswax but did I miss something? Is someone being an asshole? You want me to rough them up? Cos you know I can take 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Having Lived in Japan for a year I also have to say the Bacon Potato pie is delish.
    I was sad to see the Salmon Burger didn't make the list tho.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Comments have always been moderated on posts over two days old. That's where most spam pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I need to stop reading these things before lunch. Now I have to go to McD's and ask for my McPoutine with my McCBO. Follow that up with a few Bacon Potato pies. Mmm, pieroshke!

    Sad that the McPink didn't make the list.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails