Thursday, April 17, 2008
From this web page, where there's a much longer list, but I weeded (heh) out some boring entries. Still, a lot of these are no-brainers (The Grateful Dead smoked dope? No way!).
I make no claims to the accuracy of this list; I've included links from the original, but many of the ones I clicked are dead.
- Aaron Sorkin, creator of ''The West Wing".
- Art Garfunkel , singer, Simon and Garfunkel.
- Al and Tipper Gore Politicians
- Ali Campbell, Singer with UB40
- Andrea Corr, musician, "The Corrs".
- Anjelica Huston, Actress.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger. Actor. ``I did smoke a joint and I did inhale.''
- Art Garfunkel. Singer of, "Simon and Garfunkel" fame.
- Bill "...but I didn't inhale." Clinton, Politician.
- Bill Gates. Not confirmed, just very strongly hinted at in his Playboy interview.
- Bill Murray Arrested for possession.
- Bing Crosby. Famous crooner of "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas". Now the Film "High Society" makes sense!
- Black Crowes, musicians
- Bob Denver, Star of "Gilligan's Island".
- Bob Dylan, musician.
- Bob Marley, musician
- Burt Reynolds, actor. He left his first wife because of her drug use. But he has been seen in Cannabis Cafes.
- Bruce Lee.
- Carl Sagan, Scientist - SiFi writer - film "Contact" More info here.
- Carlos Santana musician.
- Carrie Fisher, Actress
- Charlie Sheen, actor.
- Charlize Theron, Actress. More here.
- Cheech Marin, Actor, Don Johnson's sidekick in the TV detective series "Nash Bridges."
- Chris Farley. Comedian.
- Chrissie Hynde, musician.
- Chris Rock, Actor, Comedian, Producer, Screenwriter.
- Chubby Checker, Musician. Sang; "Lets Twist Again".
- Cody Kasch Actor. TV series Desperate Housewives
- Conan O'Brian TV Host
- David Bowie, actor/musician. Busted for possession in 1976.
- David Hockney, Artist.
- Dionne Warwick, Famous singer of "Walk On By".
- Drew Barrymore, actress.
- Elliott Gould. Actor.
- Eminem, musician.
- Errol Flynn, Actor
- Francis Ford Coppola, Film Director. Mentioned in "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" by Peter Biskind
- Frances McDormand , Actress. Raising Arizona, Burning Mississippi, Fargo.
- Grateful Dead musicians.
- Haley Joel Osment, actor, busted for possession, 2006.
- Harrison Ford, Actor. This is a claim made by Bill Maher that has not been denied.
- Howard Stern, admitted it on the radio.
- Jack Nicholson, actor.
- Jackie Gleason, actor. Another whom the DEA kept on their pot files.
- James Brown, musician
- Jane Fonda, Actress.
- Jennifer Aniston, actress. "I enjoy smoking cannabis and see no harm in it", Daily Mail, 11/9/01.
- Jennifer Capriati, Tennis champ.
- Jesse Ventura, Governor of Minnesota.
- Jim Morrison, musician.
- Jimmy Dorsey, Jazz musician, He was on an DEA file of marijuana users.
- Jimi Hendrix, musician
- Joan of Arc, was accused of using witch herbs (another name cannabis).
- John Belushi, actor. Perhaps not a particularly good role model!
- John Denver, musician. He recorded a song about it.
- Johnny Cash, musician. Sang songs for NORML album.
- Julia Roberts, Actress, "I smoked dope twice," ..." It made me too sleepy..."
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, legendary Los Angeles Lakers Basketball star
- Kurt Cobain, musician.
- Larry Hagman, actor, of "JR" fame.
- Led Zeppelin, musicians.
- Lenny Bruce, Comedian.
- Little Richard, musician.
- Luke Perry, actor.
- Macaulay Culkin. Actor, Home Alone.
- Mark Stepnoski. two-time Super Bowl champ, Dallas Cowboy.
- Mick Jagger, musician
- Mike Tyson, Boxer.
- Milton Berle, Actor another one on the DEA list of smokers
- Montel Williams Chat show host.
- Montgomery Clift, actor, mentioned in his biography.
- Neil Diamond, musician.
- Neil Young, Musician.
- Oasis, Noel Gallagher "smoking cannabis is as normal as having a cup of tea"
- Ocean Colour Scene, "the hardest smoking band in music" Q Magazine. 02/02.
- Oliver Stone, Film Director.
- Peter Fonda, actor. "I don't trust anybody who didn't inhale."
- Peter Sellers, actor.
- Peter Tosh, Poet.
- Pink. Musician. Mentioned in Playboy interview (11/02).
- Pink Floyd, Musicians.
- Ray Charles, musician.
- Richard Pryor, actor.
- Ricky Williams, NFL player, suspended several times for violating league's substance-abuse policy.
- Robert Mitchum, Actor, was jailed in the 40s for possession of marijuana.
- Rolling Stones, musicians
- Rudolf Nureyev, Ballet dancer. Also see entry for Margot Fonteyn.
- Sinead O'Connor, musician.
- Sir Paul McCartney, Musician.
- Sir Mick Jagger, Musician. Of whom it was written; "Who breaks a butterfly on a wheel".
- Snoop Dogg, musician.
- Steve Martin , Actor.
- Stephen King. Author, "Tommy Knockers".
- Steve Jobs, co-creator of the Apple computer.
- Steven Soderbergh, Film director.
- Stephen Sondheim. Broadway composer and lyricist.
- Sting / Gordon Sumner, musician.
- The Who, musicians.
- Tommy Chong. Actor with Cheech Marin in "Up in Smoke " - "Cheech & Chong".
- Tommy Lee, Musician.
- UB40, Band.
- Walter 'Stumpy' Brennan actor.
- Wesley Snipes, actor. Has been seen in Cannabis Cafes.
- Whitney Houston, musician.
- Willie Nelson, musician.
- Woody Harrelson, Actor and reformer.
Dawn Wells ("Gilligan's Island") - Just got busted for pot - again. Wasn't her first time. Damn, grandma, can't you dip snuff or take up gardening?
Parker Posey - I met her brother at a wedding. He said she was a huge pothead.
Kris Kristofferson - longtime toker
Alanis Morrisette - talked about her love for weed in a Rolling Stone article I read after his first CD came out.
Brad Pitt - well-known lover of the wacky tobacky
After seeing the Tab spots the other day, Aussie Ben sends this RC Cola commercial from Down Under... which gives me a warm fuzzy feeling down under.. and reminds me of a glorious day I once spent on beautiful Bondi Beach, attempting to read and failing miserably. Crikey!
I was trying to think of a good QOTD question yesterday when I got an e-mail from Sharp As A Marble with this story:
I was all of 13 and was coaxed into going to the roller rink (remember those?) by a few friends. I had as much business on skates as i would performing brain surgery. Being the suave 7th grader that I was, I knew the ladies were there, and that fact wouldn't keep me from strapping wheels to my feet.
Once at the rink, "Melody Lanes", I rented my foot disease and skates, and proceeded to go change. The benches where you changed your shoes were in a room down a small ramp. I sat on the bench and it took me longer to change then my friends, so I got left behind as they went looking for girls. I got my skates on, pushed the sleeves up on my members only jacket, and started out of the room.
When I got to the ramp which was 3 feet long and maybe went up four inches I became concerned how I was going to tackle such an obstacle. I tried once --not enough momentum, second try, here I go. At the top of the ramp was a walkway and the wall for the rink, so I head up the ramp and coming around the walkway were a couple girls, possibly high school girls, I gave them my coolest look which was immediately followed by my 'who pulled the carpet out from underneath me' look. The 8 wheels that were carrying me took off in 8 different directions and I lay at the base of the wall in a crumpled heap with my wheels still spinning.
I hear laughter and the sounds of skates as they step over me. Insult to injury I swore out loud as I was standing and got threatened by the owner if he heard me again I would get thrown out. As I tried to skate away rubbing the cinder block pattern out of my head I thought getting thrown out would probable be a blessing!
How about you?
From Becky Mochaface
1. Pass My Shotgun
2. Psychotic Mood Shift
3. Perpetual Munching Spree
4. Puffy Mid-Section
5. People Make me Sick
6. Provide Me with Sweets
7. Pardon My Sobbing
8. Pimples May Surface
9. Pass My Sweatpants
10. Pissy Mood Syndrome
11. Plainly; Men Suck
12. Pack My Stuff
13. Potential Murder Suspect
And those are fine for the woman's point of view, but what does PMS mean for men? My guesses:
Please Make it Stop
Put Muzzle to Skull
Pull My Schlong?
Pepperoni, Mushroom or Sausage?
Pregnancy Sucks More
Pansies, Mums or Shove a vase up my ass?
Presto! I Married Satan
Panty liners, Midol, Schlitz (grocery list)
Preparing My Sofa
Praying for My Safety
Prepare My Sarcophagus