Thursday, January 10, 2008

Best of LOTD's Engrish Of The Day

Some highlights from last year. All pics from Engrish.com.


Oh honey, you look fucking lovely!


But taste like cat


Thank you, Foster Brooks


Here, crippie, take my seat


Great with wild lice


Now we know what duck sauce is.






You ain't gonna find it there, I assure you


Go over there to die, please. Thank you.


Does it really matter?


Not nice. Some of my best friends are liquor heads.




Kind of redundant, isn't it?






Mother gets her anus done every week.


Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Pick me!


Just off camera, another sign with the same thing points to the left




I wouldn't tickle this one


Weird, because horsebeans sound delicious.


"Would you mind terribly if I strangled you?"


I always have trouble choosing between pigeon and duck's head


Better known in the U.S. as Benetton


I knew it




If there's one thing we don't need help with...


No break dancing!


Time limit for teenage boys: 15 seconds


"See you after the flight, Mom."




They need this in front of the Sheraton Manhattan.


Mmm.. that's good dork.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, some of those are just hysterical. There is always something lost in translation..lol. I love the one about the Strange & Peculiar store, but what's that about Benetton? I *heart* Benetton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I couldn't think of a better store for that joke. What's a women's store whose stuff is unsightly and peculiar?

    thx keva

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. i'm crying and my stomach hurts from laughing. my 2 year old is looking at me like i've lost my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hysterical!
    Bad news - I'm horrifying of highness right now.
    Good news - I always give up my seat for the crippies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..point taken about Benetton. LOL I can't think of another store either! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thx everyone.

    YKMN - you should use that orgasm calculator at the bank. I'm sure no one would object. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for those! I needed a good laugh-those are hysterical. I'm going to think twice about buying fruit since I may be buying Asian Rear! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that laughing can give you a headache? OMG, I've got a doozie!

    My 59 year old is looking at me like I've lost my mind, too.

    Gin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, Braised Dork. I just love the engrish site, just the name itself is good enough for me. Thanks for enlightening me to the site!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn..those are hilarious!! I felt myself get embarrassed with the one korean posting b/c those are my people ya know. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, all. Hope I didn't offend you, Liz.. or anyone else. All in good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I find these type of translation typos to be a particular joy. I could read packages from the Asian market for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic post, you had me laughing until my sides hurt tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a long-time Engrish fan, but haven't been there lately. Thanks for posting these! Okay, this is terrible...I really need to get to sleep. It's almost 2:00am, but I just keep reading entry after entry here. You find the funniest things to include and your comments are icing on the cake. Subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had tears streaming down my face reading these! I love Engrish, but it's been a while since I've visited.

    Just found your blog and I'm not sure how I've lived without it! It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am especially fond of roasted sucking pigeon. Pigeons are, after all, the pigs of the air, and those pigs sure can fly, so we need to eat them before they go too far.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails